This year’s (2018’s) E3

What games have sparked your interest at this years E3?

There wasn’t much that interested me at Microsoft’s E3. I’m glad that Halo Infinite is coming to Windows, although it remains to be seen if it will be something fresh (open world Halo?) or just more of the same.

Fallout 76 could be worth playing, but does anyone else think it’s too soon for another Fallout game? We’re due for a new Elder Scrolls sooner I think.

I’m looking forward to Sony’s E3 the most where we’ll get to see The Last of Us Part 2.

Came here to post this! And… To post pretty much what you said.

I was hoping for more from Microsoft but I guess I can be happy with new Gears and new Halo (even if the latter is probably still over a year away at least).

Fallout has never caught my interest but I’m hopeful of a new Elder Scrolls game - Bethesda’s conference is on as I type this so perhaps I’ll be posting a crazed update in a few minutes!

I am looking forward to Sony’s conference but actually I think Ubisoft’s is the one I’ll be most interested in; Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and hopefully a new Splinter Cell.

DMCV, Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal are what I’m watching out for. Fallout 4 killed my interest in the series, frankly. I doubt anything we haven’t already seen will come from the franchise under Bethesda’s direction.

Sega is showing off Valkyria Chronicles 4, which I’ll pick up when it heads to PC. Hopefully we’ll get some surprises from them but I’m not holding my breath

1 Like

Elder Scrolls VI was teased… But apparently it’s coming AFTER their new IP, Starfield, which itself is slated for next gen consoles

So, a long wait ahead.

Apparantly the new Fallout is an online game, so it will be different enough from Fallout 4 at least.

There’s also another new Elder Scrolls game: Elder Scrolls Blades. It’s a mobile game but with “console-quality graphics”. Given how powerful mobile devices have become, colour me intrigued.

It makes sense that Starfield is launching first; after all, they just released Skyrim: Special Edition, so the current generation technically already has an Elder Scrolls game. If ESVI comes out at the end of this gen or the start of the next one, that will give gamers (and the developers) a good break to avoid Elder Scrolls burnout. Bethesda RPGs are not exactly small and they’ll likely need to develop a new engine to compete with the likes of Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3.

Honestly, I’ve never really been into Fallout by 76 does intrigue me. The co-op seems to be along the lines of DayZ style minimal interaction and trust based uneasy alliances.

Nothing really interested me from the EA conference. I thought the Microsoft - Xbox press conference was very solid. As a gameing conference goes Microsoft showed off a lot of great/exiting looking games, which was great. However as a Xbox game conference I wasn’t too blown away considering they didn’t’ honesty show anything very unexpected or absolutly new. The biggest announcement from Xbox for me was that they acquired 5 new studios, which I hope will pay off later down the road

Some games that absouly cought my intreast were:

• Halo Infinite: Although I’m not too excited about it at the moment considering they didn’t show much.

• Gear of War 5: I really like the snowy environment that they are going for.

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps: The first one was a great plat-former and this new one definitely seems to be continuing the tradition

• Tunic: This top down inspired Legend of Zelda game really caught my interest and honesty was a nice surprise

• Nier: Automata: This game coming to the Xbox was quite a shock.

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: The new From Software game is always welcome

Ubisoft just had their conference.

They didn’t show much of Beyond Good and Evil 2 outside of a couple of trailers and a very brief, very vague gameplay video. The trailers were good but I can’t say we’ve really learned any more about the game, which is disappointing… However Pey’J and Jade are confirmed to be returning…

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey looked great, although not much seemed to have changed from Origins. I don’t mind that too much though, I’ll be happy for more of the same. Interestingly it’s set about 400 years before Origins…

No Splinter Cell :anjou_sad:

It was sad not seeing a new Splinter Cell.

Also I’m very confused about Good and Evil 2. This is a prequel so how in the world is Jade in this game as a full grown adult already? In the first game she was around 20 years of age, and I had the impression that this game took place a long time before the events of the first game.

That’s what I thought too. I wonder if they might have changed it to make it more related to the first one but… I don’t see why. It’s still a prequel and I think that’s the problem anyone who had a problem had.

The Last of Us Part II looks incredible. I didn’t realise just how enthralled I was until the demo ended and I realised I hadn’t been breathing normally!

Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty tasty too. So pretty! Death Stranding has gone on being too weird for too long for me to be curious about it any more.

REALLY. looking forward to Beyond Good & Evil 2! And let’s see what Nintendo shows next!..

Really ? Origins was supposed to be the beginning of the ‘credo’. So what ‘assassin’ is there in Odyssey ?

Maybe Jade time-travels…

I’ve been away from console gaming for so long…and I’m so lazy to go back to it because I know I have so much catching up to do…

What really excited me about E3 thus far has been Resident Evil 2 remake! Cannot wait! Oh and that game Control! It looked amazing. Seems like the game for me.I’m curious what Halo : Infinity is going to be like. Is it a single-player game following MC’s story like the main series? I’d love to say I’m uber excited…but none of the non-Bungie Halos have tickled my fancy over the years.

There’s also Sable, a journey-esque game with the art style of moebius by Shedworks. I don’t know much about it but it looks really interesting. If its for the PC i’d definitely play it just for the visuals.

Sable looks really interesting. I think we discussed this earlier, but the art style reminds me of Moebius’ Arzach and his cover illustrations for Panzer Dragoon.

The Last of Us: Part II of course looked amazing. But how far away is it, I wonder?

I watched the Resident Evil 2 footage, it looked quite good. I’ve played bits and pieces of past Resident Evil games, but never completed a RE game. This remake series might be a good place to start - for those who have played them, would you recommend starting with the Resident Evil 0 or 1 remake?

There’s also a new Fire Emblem for Switch which looks quite good. I like the addition of background combat in the fight cut scenes. Even if this doesn’t affect the gameplay, it’s a nice addition; the lack of being able to see the rest of battlefield in the fight cut scenes was something that always felt off in Shining Force and similar games.

Also, I’m not sure if this is directly related to E3, but Ubisoft are giving away For Honor for free until the 19th.

1. METAL
  2. WOLF
  3. CHAOS

I need nothing else. :anjou_love:

1 Like

Also, looking forward to Smash Brothers Infinite! Ridley baby!

1 Like

One other game I’ll be keeping an eye on: Tetris Effect. It’s a new Tetris game from the creators of Rez, Child of Eden, and Lummies. If anyone can bring something fresh to Tetris experience it’s these guys.

Hmmm, I’ll have to keep an eye on it. Looks interesting!

1 Like