The Xbox 360's Catalogue

I’m planning going to sell my 360 sometime during the next few months. Although I’ve enjoyed playing a variety of games on the system, for various reasons it’s time to move on.

Let’s use this topic to discuss the games worth playing in Xbox 360’s library. I’d appreciate it if you could point out any exclusives that I should check out before I get rid of my machine. Here’s a list of the games I’ve played all the way through on the system (not all of them exclusives). Yes I have a list of all the games I’ve completed; the list has been going since before the days of achievements and other automated play records.

Perfect Dark Zero
Halo 3
Ikaruga
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Halo 3: ODST
Lummies Live
Rez HD
BioShock
Rocket Knight
Dead of Alive 4
Lego Batman
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Halo Reach
Sonic 4: Episode 1
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty World at War
Yar’s Revenge
Alan Wake
Limbo
Child of Eden
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
Half-Life 2 Episode 2
Soul Calibur IV
Mass Effect 3
Braid
Bastion
NiGHTS HD
Jet Set Radio HD
Sonic the Fighters
Halo Wars

I tried Gears of War, but it didn’t hold me. I’m part way through the second Fable and Condemned games and may finish them before I sell the console. Halo 4 is the only other noteworthy exclusive I can think of, but I’m probably missing some. Crimson Dragon would have been in that list, but it’s very unlikely to come out on the 360 now.

Only game I could think to add to your list is Saints Row. Funny, with a surprisingly good story.

Is it worth playing through the first game? Or would it be okay to skip it (from both a story and gameplay perspective) and just play through the sequels on PC?

Blue Dragon is solid.

That’s an option, although I’m a bit weary of JRPGs these days. They tend to be quite drawn out. I have Lost Odyssey sitting on my shelf, so that’s another RPG I could play through.

I had a lot of fun with Crackdown. I wouldn’t worry too much about the second one, was ok, not amazing.

Apart from that I can’t really think of any exclusives. Vanquish was some nice quick fun, if you haven’t played Castle Crashers - you should but you can get that on Steam. Tales of Vesperia I enjoyed from what I played, until I discovered there were secret achievements and they’re extremely difficult some of them.

Bayonetta should be on any list of best XBox360 games. Other than that I can’t think of any other noteworthy games that you haven’t already played.

I played the demo of that and enjoyed it. Might pick it up on Steam eventually.

I have a digital copy of Bayonetta, and I’m near the end of the game. Should have time to complete it. Thanks for reminding me. :slight_smile:

Mushihimesama Futari is a game I’d recommend.

To be honest I would only play the first one, and if you like it enough then co-op the sequels.

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 has kept me busy for hours. The trial is free too.

Thanks Scott. I’ve played the demo of Geometry Wars 2 and enjoyed it.