The Will of the Ancients Updates Topic

A little bit of news…

1. There’ll be a bit more of a delay before the next update, but rest assured it is coming. For those of you who submitted content, I haven’t forgotten you, although it may seem so!

2. The site has also been exceeding its bandwidth recently. I believe this is probably due to some of the larger files on the site, so I’ve disabled the albums. I may re-add them later, but if so that will be through another distrubition method most likely. The site itself and these forums come before large media downloads I’m afraid.

3. I’m unable to be here as much as I’d like these days, so I have made Shadow a forum administrator. I trust that he will do a worthy job of adminstrating these forums when Geoff and I aren’t around.

Thanks for bearing with me on these issues! Any concerns, etc, send me an email or PM.

It’s nice to have the site back =D And it’s nice to have the power to ban Gehn… yes… I’m watching you my Puerto Rican friend… :anjou_happy:

Yeah, I just thought I’d use this to say something about my fan-fic. Galbadia is currently upgrading hardware, so the mp3’s will not work, they should in about a month, which is when I’ll continue…

I got The Ancients watching my back Skiad. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve come up with a solution to the recent invasion of bots (if that is what they are). The forums now require email activation. So if you’re about to sign up, I would advise you to use a legitimate email address. You can always change it back to a fake one (or an address with a NOSPAM tag in it) once you’ve activated your account if you’re concerned about your email address being made public.

If these “bots” are actually real people posting pre-written messages, then I’ll look into adding further security measures to the forums. Unfortunately I couldn’t use a “type the letters in the box” feature for when people sign up, as TWotA’s webserver doesn’t support the php library that is required to implement that feature.

I don’t think you can, cos when you change your email you gotta re-activate it with the new address (i’m pretty sure)

Ah okay, if that’s the case then choose “No” for “Always show my e-mail address” in your profile.

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]I’ve come up with a solution to the recent invasion of bots (if that is what they are). The forums now require email activation. So if you’re about to sign up, I would advise you to use a legitimate email address. You can always change it back to a fake one (or an address with a NOSPAM tag in it) once you’ve activated your account if you’re concerned about your email address being made public.

If these “bots” are actually real people posting pre-written messages, then I’ll look into adding further security measures to the forums. Unfortunately I couldn’t use a “type the letters in the box” feature for when people sign up, as TWotA’s webserver doesn’t support the php library that is required to implement that feature.[/quote]

Nice work I believe you have got it. I’ve not seem any spam bots for a day now and usually there would have been several…

Update #130

• Part of the Zwei manual has been translated by Kimimi (nice work!)
  • Gash’s Identity Theory by Jeremy Prusak

Update #131

• Attached Dragon Mind Theory by Me.
  • “After Sestren Function Stop” translation by Kimimi.

Heh. Now I know why I my emails (about trying to register but kept getting a message that the user name was already taken) came back every time I tried sending them. I kept copying that SPAM thing. Thought it was part of it.

Oh and great update!

Well I’m sure you know I’m on board with the general idea in that there theory Solo! :anjou_happy:

BTW the new avatar is BOSS.

Yeah, I’ve had a few people confused about that, so I thought it would be best to put something about it on the site. I actually need to create a better system to stop spammers, but it’s one of those things which is quite low down on my increasingly growing todo list.

Ah, you mean my old avatar? It’s one that I used a while back, I thought it deserved a triumpant return. :anjou_happy:

Update #132

• Dragon Life Cycle Theory by Geoffrey Duke and Solo Wing Dragon.

At the end of the day, all I know is that Lundi deserves a swift kick in the balls for making that diary of his so damn hard to interpret. :anjou_love:

I was finally in a correct state of mind to read the whole thing, and I agree wholeheartedly with the way you chose to end the theory. I do not personally believe that Team Andromeda and Smilebit have ever told us any lies, even of omission. While many details of this whole story are cloudy, when we are told something in plain terms or with consistent implication I see no reason to go looking for subterfuge.

The four games we have are the story of The Dragon.

[quote=“Heretic Agnostic”]when we are told something in plain terms or with consistent implication I see no reason to go looking for subterfuge.

The four games we have are the story of The Dragon.[/quote]

Destiny Begins —> End of Destiny.

That was the part that I found the most convincing. As Heretic said, it is in such plain terms it seems so simple. Nice work on the theory.

Regarding the outage earlier (my web host’s response):

“There was a high server load earlier and the server had to be restarted.
After the restart, the processes had stopped. I do apologize for the
inconvenience this has caused.”

My apologies to the folks here who have sites hosted with me - this was out of my control.

Update #136.

• A new fanfic called “A Trial of Endurance” by Chupacabra.

A Trial of Endurance chapter 2 is now online.

Which, I must say, is one of my better works. =P