The Will of the Ancients' Halo 2 Championship

Updates: So FINALLY we get the final finished! It’s been a great tournament, even though I suspect many of you have forgotten about it XD Narayan was unlucky in the final. If I wasn’t such a rocket whore…

The Final:

[quote]1st: Shadow - 3
2nd: U K Narayan - 2

Game One: Standard Slayer on Midship
1st: Shadow - 15, 2nd: U K Narayan - 2
Game Two: Rockets on Beaver Creek
1st: Shadow - 15, 2nd: U K Narayan - 4
Game Three: Swords on Lockout
1st: U K Narayan - 15, 2nd: Shadow - 13
Game Four: Rifles on Ascension
1st: U K Narayan - 15, 2nd: Shadow - 12
Game Five: Standard Slayer on Foundation
1st: Shadow - 15, 2nd: U K Narayan - 1[/quote]

Semi Final Results:

[quote]SEMI FINAL 1
1st: U K Narayan - 2
2nd: Solisar - 1

Game One: Standard Slayer on Midship
1st: U K Narayan - 15, 2nd: Solis - 14
Game Two: Random Weapons on Colossus
1st Solis - 15, 2nd: U K Narayan - 13
Game Three: Rockets on Ivory Tower
1st: U K Narayan - 15, 2nd: Solis - 9

SEMI FINAL 2
1st: Shadow - 3
2nd: Abadd - 0

Game One: Standard Slayer on Lockout
1st: Shadow - 15, 2nd: Abadd - 2
Game Two: Rockets on Ivory Tower
1st Shadow - 15, 2nd: Abadd - 3
Game Three: Rifles on Zanzibar
1st Shadow - 15, 2nd: Abadd - 3[/quote]

Group Stage Results:

[quote]ATOLM GROUP
1st: Shadow - 25
2nd: U K Narayan - 19
3rd: Solo Wing Dragon - 4

Game One: Standard Slayer on Beaver Creek
1st: Shadow - 25, 2nd: U K Narayan - 20, 3rd: Solo Wing Dragon - 4
Game Two: Standard Slayer on Midship
1st: Shadow - 25, 2nd: U K Narayan - 20, 3rd: Solo Wing Dragon - 4
Game Three: Standard Slayer on Ascension
1st: Shadow - 25, 2nd: U K Narayan - 17, 3rd: Solo Wing Dragon - 4

LAGI GROUP
1st: Solis - 25
2nd Abadd - 17.6
3rd: Gehntheberserker - 16.6

Game One: Standard Slayer on Colossus
1st: Solis - 25, 2nd: Gehntheberserker - 17, 3rd: Abadd - 16
Game Two: Standard Slayer on Zanzibar
1st: Solis - 25, 2nd: Abadd - 19, 3rd: Gehntheberserker - 14
Game Three: Standard Slayer on Burial Mounds
1st: Solis - 25, 2nd: Gehntheberserker - 19, 3rd: Abadd - 18[/quote]

Play-Off Results:

[quote]FIFTH PLACE PLAY-OFF
1st Gehntherberserker - 2
2nd: Solo Wing Dragon - 1

Game One: Shotguns on Beaver Creek
1st: Solo Wing Dragon - 10, 2nd: Gehntheberserker - 5
Game Two: Swords on Midship
1st: Gehntheberserker - 10, 2nd: Solo Wing Dragon - 6
Game Three: Standard Slayer on Lockout
1st: Gehntheberserker - 25, 2nd: Solo Wing Dragon - 14

THIRD PLACE PLAY-OFF
1st: Solis - 2
2nd: Abadd - 0

Game One: Custom Slayer on Beaver Creek
1st: Solis - 15, 2nd: Abadd - 3
Game Two: Custom Slayer on Ascension
1st: Solis - 15, 2nd: Abadd - 2[/quote]

The Halo 2 Spoilers Topic
What are your top 10 co-op games?

If only I could afford live… Ah well.

Mmm, whats the criteria for signing up?

Oh no, not rockets! :anjou_sad:

Well if Shadow does (inevitably) get a rocket launcher, I’m sure he’ll find more than just one gun pointed in his direction.

I say we only play rocketball, and always let Gehn get the skull :smiley:

[quote=“Shadow”]Alright, so what, if any, are the requirements?

• Well, rather obviously you need an Xbox, a copy of Halo 2, and Xbox Live. Also, you need to be a member of the forums here so I can PM you stuff like match start times etc, so I’d suggest you check your PMs often or ask me to IM / email you. No cheating in any way, shape, or form. You’d have to tell me what time zone you’re in so I can arrange meet-up times. I think that’s all…

So I’m interested in playing. You’ve convinced me. What do I need to do?

• Just PM me with your Xbox Live Gamertag and your time zone (or city of residence, if you aren’t sure). I won’t be posting people’s Gamertags or locations on the forum, so don’t worry. =P[/quote]

And… did you sign up to the forums specifically for this tournament? =P

We can have an everyone v Shadow match if you so please. =P Just as long as its not on a small map!

Gehn. Or you. =)

Yeah! I’ll beat you all when the GC version is released!]

Heathen!, not even for PDO…tsk tsk…

Anyways I’m pretty much the ignorant guy here.I haven’t played Live even once (since technically I don’t have it yet) I don’t know much of the maps or even game modes.I guess I’ll ask my bro to play them a bit with me(multiplayer) for exploration sake.

Btw : isn’t there a single Halo2 map for a 2 player match?They are all so huge…

I don’t know what you actually meant Abadd but as always I’m sure I should feel even remotely insulted in some way.So…whatch your “localizated” back!The Dark Dragon is lurking somewhere beside ya! :stuck_out_tongue:

Play lots of Live when you get it Gehn. Learn the maps :smiley: I don’t want you having any excuses when I kick your arse so bad you bleed :smiley:

You underestimate me.I mean you overestimate yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo is quite different from any other FPS.In even more unrealistic FPS’s with bunny jump and such ( like UT or Quake3) if you are a master you pwn your adversaries 99.99999999% of the time.But in Halo things are more tactical and less skillful.Tactics give room for people with less control skill to pwn other people.

About my skillz so far : I’m pretty embarassed cause I can’t play thru all of Halo2 on Legendary.I can finish all other levels but the Cairo Station one just kills me!

Dear God. CAIRO STATION WAS EASY. Let me guess. Second hangar bay, right? I only died once through it. Damn. I don’t understand why people find that part so hard. Like you say, it’s all about tactics…

Updated first post.

Thing is I die when all there is left are 3 or 4 Elites.I get to that part everytime and everytime I die in some way.

I don’t care what other people say Halo 1 legendary was piece of wedding cake compared to Halo 2 legendary.

Nope, wont see me playing on there for a long time. Broadband is just too expensive for me and really, I have other things to pay for.

I wish though. But i have friends that I can actually play with here too.

so, maybe one day.

Hmm, sounds interesting…perhaps I’ll sign up, I’ll let you know if I decide to join. Not like I have anything better to do.

Oh, and for those saying Xbox Live is too expensive, all copies of Halo 2 DID come with a 2 month trial for it :anjou_happy:

I’d join in the fun, but first I gotta make sure I set everything up so I don’t get banned from Live cos of my mod chip :E

The game is being delivered today to my house with the Mouse and Keyboard adapter.

True, but I’m holding off until I head back to college so I’ll have unlimited high speed internet to use it with.

First post updated with sign-up ending date, other possible participant list, and likely match dates.

Considering you ate, drank and slept the first one, I’m surprised you didn’t predict what was going to happen and lobbed grenades in precisely. :wink:

Main post updated.

Ahh hell, I have nothing better to do (unless there’s a LAN party one of those days…), so I guess I’ll sign up. It’ll give me a chance to show off my mad skillz, oh yeah. waits to get beaten down and recieve last place :anjou_disappointment: