The games of E3 2019

What are you looking forward to seeing? What have you liked that has been shown so far?

Personally I was hoping to see some gameplay of Halo Infinite, but I guess that will be shown at next year’s E3, considering that it’s an Xbox 4 launch title.

Doom Eternal looks promising, as was expected (pick up the first one if you haven’t yet, it’s one of the best games of the generation).

Cyberpunk 2077 looks like a game I could sink my teeth into if I ever get around to finishing The Witcher 3.

There’s also a short trailer for Elden Ring, a dark fantasy game from From Software with a world created by GRRM. I didn’t get into Dark Souls, but I’ve read most of Martin’s work so I’ll likely give this a try when it arrives.

There’s also The Outer Worlds from Obsidian, which will be coming to PS4 as well since development started before the Microsoft acquisition. It reminds me a bit of Fallout, with a vibrant world compared to much else found in it’s genre. Worth keeping an eye on I think.

And also… Phantasy Star Online 2 is getting a Western release. I might have been more interested back when it was originally released in 2012; these days I tend to stick to more concise gaming experiences. But I’m glad that core Phantasy Star fans are finally getting this.

I’m interested to see more of Elden Ring. I wonder if it’s sort of a spiritual successor to Eternal Ring on the PS2? But I probably won’t be playing most of these games since I’m not going to be getting a new Xbox…

Also, Jedi Fallen Order looks great! Can’t wait to play it!

I’m looking forward to more FF7 Remake footage and a Banjo Kazooie revival. Also, maybe a New Zelda announcement by Nintendo.

Nearly all of the games I listed are on PS4 as well. Just Halo Infinite is Xbox/PC exclusive. They just didn’t show the PS4 logo in the Microsoft conference trailers.

Yeah, the new Star Wars game looks like fun. I’m glad it’s a single player game.

Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Ori and the Will look stupidious good. Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it belongs in Blade Runner 2049; the art direction is something else.

1 Like

I agree, those three games have me very excited along with Halo Infinite and the new Battletoads. If they manage to keep the new Xbox backwards compatible with all the existing backwards compatible games and the Xbox 1, I might actually pick up this new Scarlet system.

On a side note, I really preferred the aesthetic of Phantasy Star Online to this second one. It doesn’t look very Phantasy Star like. Anyone play this second one care to comment?

The new Ori game does indeed look promising.

I can’t say I’m anywhere near sold on this Scarlett system though, because 90% of the upcoming games that interest me are also on PS4. The backward compatibility still seems to be the main appeal here, having four generations of consoles working on a single machine; I can understand finding that convenience a selling point over more exclusives. You essentially have this powerful machine that can run games released over the last almost 20 years all from a unified gamepad based UI, whereas on a PC there’d be a lot more configuring stuff and input switching to play those older games.

I played the first Ori years ago and the sequel seems like leaps and bounds above it, graphically!

Damn we get:

Breath of the Wild Sequel
Trials of Mana (Secret of Mana 3 remake)
Panzer Dragoon Remake

Can’t wait!!