Telltale Games announces majority studio closure

“Today Telltale Games made the difficult decision to begin a majority studio closure following a year marked by insurmountable challenges,” the message reads. “A majority of the company’s employees were dismissed earlier this morning, with a small group of 25 employees staying on to fulfill the company’s obligations to its board and partners.”

It’s a shame that Telltale will be no more, especially as they had plans for future seasons of in-progress stories. I played though the Game of Thrones Season 1 and have had a copy of The Walking Dead games ready to play for some time now. I hear that The Wolf Among Us is worth playing too.

Today I finally finished The Walking Dead. What a wonderful journey, not just in the game but FOR the game as well. It’s really special that Skybound stepped in to help finish the final episodes, because it would’ve been heart breaking to have Clem’s story go unfinished.

This is one game series I’d recommend to anyone no matter what your interests. The story carries it so well, and really makes you care for the characters and think about your decisions. I can’t believe it’s over.

I just couldn’t get into the series. They were so quick to kill off characters and torture a little girl for the sake of ‘shock’ storytelling that they lost me early on. It wasn’t like the gameplay helped either. Point and click adventure games are great when the story is worth watching but don’t exactly do a good job of keeping you entertained when you don’t like said story.