Space Deadbeef

A new shooter for the iPhone. It appears to use a lock on system similar to Panzer Dragoon - you control both the ship and the cursor at the same time.

Description and YouTube video

Has anyone tried it? It looks quite fun.

I have nothing to add to the conversation, but the topic title immediately made me think of this.

Heehee, me too.

You know why they are using PD’s system? I’ll tell you why - because it’s awesome.

Why can’t we even get a 2D PD on PSN or Live? :anjou_sad:

I’d be happy with a new Panzer on the DS/PSP/iPhone if it was done well.

A little more story and depth than Panzer Dragoon Mini would be necessary though (for it to be taken seriously).

Like a Dragon.

:wink:

[quote=“Nemoide”]

Heehee, me too.[/quote]

ROFL. MST3K, FTW! :anjou_love:

[quote=“Ehndow”]You know why they are using PD’s system? I’ll tell you why - because it’s awesome.

Why can’t we even get a 2D PD on PSN or Live? :anjou_sad:[/quote]

System was around a lot earlier than that. Try Galaxy Force, sega game released in 1988. If yer looking for some old school rail shooter action with lockons, you can play that and Afterburner both on MAME now. Also Starfox Assault I hear is worthy of mention in this category.

Why can’t we get a new Panzer game? I dunno. Why are games these days made that only fit into a few categories. $$$$$$ I’m guessing. The more video games go on, the less diverse they seem to be.

Next installment, I wouldnt mind the removal of the “rail” and make it full 3D, fly dragoon with left stick, aim gun with the right stick. If I ever win the lottery I’d fund it.

Orta is tasty enough to satiate my PD hunger until that time.

Welcome, Morbidosis.

I’d like to see a free roaming Panzer too. No doubt it would be quite expensive to develop, so I can’t see anyone deciding to green light such a project right now when a more mainstream title could be developed instead. Which is unfortunate.

Hopefully we will see a new Panzer game one day.