Sonic Forces

I’ve likely commented on this before, but I’ll say it again: I wouldn’t mind if Sonic reverted to the silent Sonic of the Mega Drive games, with animations (as in Sonic & Knuckles’ Hidden Palace) telling the story. The Rocket Knight games did this well too (including the 2010 2.5D sequel) telling a story all without a word of dialogue.

I agree. The dialogue has gotten worse and worse over the years. Which is why Sonic Mania was such a warm welcome and a return to form.

No, you do have to play the game, if one is going to pass comment on the game, much less bash it. It’s pretty low to slam a game one hasn’t played and just going off YouTube imo. I’ll have to disagree with you over Mario too For me Mario Oddesy is a horrible step backwards and isn’t close to the magic of Mario 3D land, never mind Galaxy

Agree to disagree then. I’ve seen enough of the game to know it’s bad or at least not for me. The game isn’t that deep regarding gameplay. Its easy to get a feel for it or any Sonic game by just watching playthroughs.

That is not being fair. Looking at the videos of Touring Car on the Saturn, it looks a very nice game, only when you play the game, can you experience how god awful the handling is. Most videos I see of people playing Dark Souls III make it look a nice game to play, when playing it for one’s self the harsh differently level kills the game for me, when I saw videos of Daytona USA CE running it looked amazing, only when I got the final game, could I tell how bad the new handling model was and it wasn’t really the Daytona USA game I was hoping for and expecting and that was all down the handling (which no video can ever covey, compared to playing it for yourself)

You need to play games for oneself to gauge how good or bad a game really is IMO

I was going by both playthroughs and various reviews I have seen. And well, I would have played it if the story and dialogue weren’t so bad. Not to mention the short level length.

I really don’t get why anyone would play a Sonic game for the story, sorry :slight_smile:

Not just the story though. The overall quality of the 3d games is lacking. There hasn’t been a good 3d Sonic game since Generations and that relied heavily on nostalgia and couldn’t even stand on its own otherwise. Colors was okay but like I said the dialogue was cringe worthy.