Sonic 2k6 features very Panzer Dragoon-ish music

The problem is the speed element. The Sonic games are known for speed. Exploration would take away from that. That’s what Knuckles was for in SA.
However, exploration would be a good idea. Multiple routes and objectives would be good for adding this element without sacrificing too much speed.

I think the controls took away from the feel of the 2D games, now that I think about it. It just wasn’t as “tight” as it should be. But that’s just me.

Well, like TA I think JetSetRadioFuture is a great example of what the feel of a 3D Sonic game should be. There’s exploration in most of the stages yes, but what makes it so sweet is that you keep going back to some of those stages after you already know the layout, even if only to get all the bonuses. And some of the objectives - even a couple of true easter egg objectives to be found - are all about the speed. That’s my only major disappointment with that game actually, while I think it was the right decision to get rid of the constant level timer, there needed to be more reasons to try to ‘trick’ entire levels. As it was, it was still massive fun doing it just for the hell of it anyway.

i’m really tempted to buy the console for Sonic… much like how many people bought the DC for Sonic Adventure

is it worth it? whats the game like? If i loved Sonic Adventure 1 and 2… and hated Sonic Heroes… how you think i will like it

It it kid based like Heroes was? i hope not…

Based on the demo, I wouldn’t buy a 360 just for Sonic. If you get Gears of War or another game that you’re interested in alongside it, then you could probably justify the purchase that way. But based on just the demo, the gameplay is quite inferior to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. How much of this has been cleaned up the final release, I can’t say.

The game doesn’t feel kiddy like Sonic Heroes, however, it’s closer to SA1 and 2 in that respect. That’s one thing in its favour.