Shinobi 3DS

Ok…talk to me people…

The original Shinobis where made by AM7/Overworks, which is now known as Sega WoW

Shinobi on the 3DS will be made by an external studio…WHY? Why the FUCK is that???

Didn?t SEGA learn from Golden Axe Beast Rider? Instead of giving it to SEGA WoW, they gave it to some external team who made a crap game!

Why don?t they give the damn project to the internal team who probably still has people involved in the original series???

This may answer some questions:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/27/getting-under-the-scarf-of-shinobi-3ds-interview-with-the-producer/
Apparently Gryptonite actually pitched the game to Sega. Early reviews are mildly positive. It’s on the 3DS though, so I don’t really care anyway.

Well Kudos to Gryptonite for wanting to bring back a classic SEGA IP back to life and for making, what appears to be, a good game.

However, shame on SEGA, i mean, SEGA itself should be thinking about reviving/making some of their classic franchises in modern consoles, not some independent studio, oh well…

[quote=“Windrider”]Well Kudos to Gryptonite for wanting to bring back a classic SEGA IP back to life and for making, what appears to be, a good game.

However, shame on SEGA, i mean, SEGA itself should be thinking about reviving/making some of their classic franchises in modern consoles, not some independent studio, oh well…[/quote]

It’s on a hand-held where I think most of the Shinobi games were outsourced anyway , even the Saturn version was
I like to see SEGA make a Multi Platform next gen update of Shinobi but it will have to take on DMV and Ninja Gaiden and would need to be AAA in every dept and after Nightshade it would be asking a lot of Overworks to be honest.

Looks like a DS up-port but I guess it might play alright. Still, it’s probably gonna be hard to recommend that over other games coming to the system. Then again I’m not a Shinobi series fan, I only loved the very first game and thought the PS2 3D games were neat too. And you’ll probably be seeing this release in bargain bin prices soon enough anyway. Anyway, they even outsourced The House of the Dead, what did you expect, lol.

Pretty much like most 3rd party 3DS games then

Pretty much like most third party games anywhere, yes.

The lower the profile the faster it’s bound to happen.

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]Pretty much like most third party games anywhere, yes.

The lower the profile the faster it’s bound to happen.[/quote]

So pretty pointless post then ?

Only if the point of all my posts here should be to inform you specifically of things you’re unaware of. So, no. Is the point of your posts to try and stir shit up all the time?

No I just tend to respond to poo stirring and comments like

Which are designed to get a response.

I wouldn’t say too much, but NCL more than most out source their hand held games and has you already confirmed, most 3rd parties games no matter the published or developer will end up being discounted months after launch.

They weren’t designed to get a response or stir shit, that’s just you and your very personal and obviously very very deep SEGA/NCL issues I’m afraid. Seriously, lol @ attempting to turn this thread into the same shit as the other one. Seek help dude. Although that was just a sad excuse given your other posts replied to different things.

Just one day it be nice if you would admit it; Using terms like 'they;; or lol are terms not used for respect , but a wind up. Seeing as this is an SEGA board (more or less) I would expect SEGA to feature (or should I say they?)

Oh and pointing out that NCL out source the like of Zelda, Mario and quite a lot of their IP on the handhelds, or that 3rd party software ends up in the bargain bins weeks after launchm are not poo stirring, but more, the facts of the matter

The common word “they” is a term meant to stir shit up now? What the fuck man?

So sorry I offended your beloved SEGA by choosing to laugh at how they treat their ip instead of cry bitter tears while at the same time defending their sub par output as if I have some kind of emotional investment over a corporation. That’s your job.

I said you’re stirring shit up before you said anything about Nintendo, don’t try to pretend I was retroactively defending them (is “them” acceptable to you or what?) there. Out of nowhere you came to tell me my posts are pointless because you already knew of their content, as if I asked for your opinion or, again, as if my posts here should only exist to inform you. That’s what I commented on, not NCL, which noone had mentioned yet.

Then you went on a completely off topic Nintendo rant as you always do and once again try to shift discussion into being about that. Again, you have issues. And I’ll stop here because soon enough you’ll be pretending I only posted to praise Nintendo and defend them from your bullshit when I’ve yet to say anything about them, unlike you.

I enjoyed the Playstation 2 version of Shinobi by Overworks. It was a fun game overall, although not enough to make me rush out and get a 3DS for the next game in the series.

You didn’t offend my at all, just don’t try and pretend you weren’t playing the wind up game . And like I’ve made clear lots of corps treat some of their best IP quite poor at times, even your NCL with Star Fox .
It happens and if you think I’ve ever defended Nightshade you got another think coming

Didn’t say that at all.

The post about 3rd party games ending up in the bargains bins more so on a NCL handheld are a bit pointless yes.

How is an rant by saying that NCL allows 3rd developers to use it’s IP to make games, more so on the hand-helds, or pointing out that SEGA it’s self you use 3rd parties to make Shinobi games even when it was in the Hardware game be that Ancient for the GG Shinobi or Vic tokai for Shinobi on the Saturn ? SONY does the same on the PSP for God Of War ECT

It was a nice game just too hard for it’s own good and looked so cheap and oudated next to DMC Ninja Gaiden and O.TO.GI
Also for a Shinobi game , the music and magic weren’t up to much and like with the Saturn version you expected better …

Yeah, it sure was challenging. Never played the originals; the PS2 version is the only game in the series that I’ve played.

Shocking :stuck_out_tongue: . Revenge of Shinobi is amazing and for me the best in the series and right up there with Mario 4 for 2D platforming perfection along with one of the greatest music score ever written . PS2 Shinobi was good, but it was coming the same time as Ninja Gaiden , O.TO.GI and after DMV and was really outclassed in the gfx dept