Shenmue I & II Confirmed for PC/PS4/Xbox One

As someone who only played the Xbox version Ive wanted to play shenmue in Japanese for years. Is shenmue 3 going to ONLY have english
vo ?No Japanese version???

Shenmue 3 will have both English and Japanese voices! :anjou_happy:

1 Like

This is released today!

But I have plenty of games to get through before this oneā€¦

Same here. Weā€™ve got a whole year until Shenmue III arrives. This seems like a good set of adventures to play nearer the time so that the story will still be fresh when we finally get to play the third instalment. Plus, letā€™s be realistic: Shenmue III may very well be delayed again.

I finally bought it on PS4. Not sure when I will be able to play it but as you said, we have so much time until ShenMue3 comes soā€¦
Hopefully for me a Switch version arrives in the meantime. It would be more convenient for me to play in places I cannot play my PS4 and also it would help me noticing less these 99 textures :confused:
I am newcomer ^^

Also got it on PS4. I would have preferred PC, but Iā€™d expect sales on that more frequently. For the same price though, I like the physical copy and the tiny poster that it comes with.

Edit: Probably the most welcome addition, the absolute lack of any load times. :anjou_love:

Apparently Sega had a Shenmue remake planned out and it was cancelled :

Thatā€™s pretty interesting, but I think too much of the original vision might have been lost in the transition. Itā€™s like when fans create mods for their favorite games, like Zelda Ocarina of Time and they completely get the art style wrong. Or, for instance: the SotC remake, looking in some instances worse or too different from the original artistsā€™ work.

I guess what Iā€™m saying is: Shenmue wasnā€™t completely hyper realistic, it had a sort of hand made feel to it; its own subtle art style. All throughout its textures/design. It would have been nice to choose from the original version or this though.

So Iā€™ve finally started playing this. Iā€™m two in-game days into Shenmue and God Iā€™d forgotten how amazing it is, although of course thereā€™s a healthy dose of nostalgia clouding my vision.

Iā€™ve been hitting the main story beats pretty quickly even though I havenā€™t been meaning to, and things that seemed to take me weeks (in-game) 20 years ago are happening real fast now. What this shows is that Iā€™m really enjoying the story, and the detective work that happens early in the game, if not necessarily the filler of mini games and exploration - as Iā€™ve done all that before.

1 Like