Sega to 'Aggressively' Port Games to Steam

“Going forward, we intend to aggressively promote the porting of previously launched titles to Steam and other new platforms,” Sega explained. “Under such direction, we would like to take multi-platform rollout in account and prepare the PC version and others from the start.”

Bring on the Panzer Dragoon Orta PC port, I say.

2 Likes

Its about time. SEGA should have all its major titles on the PS, XBox and PC . Going forward I hope SEGA looks to bring more of its AGES range to the consoles and PC’s

2 Likes

steam would be nice, so I dont lose the games every console generation

2 Likes

The one thing I would say is Sega has already been great about porting Genesis classics. Would love to see some of the Saturn era games, maybe with some resolution and aliasing improvements.

1 Like

Yay, I guess Persona 4 Golden performed good huh. Bring everything to PC :slight_smile:

Sadly this is probably more about newer games. Perhaps the Sega Ages stuff on Switch qualify though.

1 Like

SEGA reiterated with this statement about older game ports and remakes. That’s pretty pretty pretty good.

Btw I got Yakuza: Like a Dragon. It’s pretty good though I’m not so fond of this being a mainline game. On the other hand maybe we’ve had enough so spin offs like Judgement could be the way forward for that style of game instead. Or maybe an all new series taking the reins to evolve the concept further while the Yakuza series becomes this JRPG thing. Anyway, here are some screenshots of the best so far parts :wink:

Yakuza 0 is still the best in the series as far as I’m concerned (and the best for non fans to try it all out too).

1 Like