Sega Ages Panzer Dragoon media and info

It’s good to see that they’re completely re-working phantasy star. I still don’t get why they wouldn’t include PS 3…
Speaking of remakes, Sega is remaking After Burner for X-box 360

xbox360.ign.com/objects/749/749074.html

PS3 is the black sheep of the series. In terms of both plot and design it’s a very different beast to the other games, and to make matters worse, they didn’t get the time to create the game they really wanted to either. I can appreciate the potential of them game, but I can’t stand to play what was actually released! :anjou_sigh: It’s not just fans who have problems with PS3 - Sega do too - in a 130 page PS compendium book, PS3 got four whole pages.

I don’t actually have direct experience with the Phantasy Star series, but from what I’ve gathered from a friend who played them all since the Master System days PS3 struck me as possibly a misguided attempt to mimic the Final Fantasy sequel style? Keeping an overall world theme but without historical continuity.

And then perhaps they reverse engineered the continuity after they realised their mistake.

No the historical continuity is still there - it just a little more abstract than the resy of the series :anjou_happy: Check out this site for more info.

Very small update on the Sega Ages PD game: not so much an update about what it’ll be, but an update about what it won’t be. It won’t be either of the next two releases in the Sega Ages line, as the Sega Ages homepage now has Volumes 22 and 23 listed, neither of which are PD:

ages.sega.jp/

They’re shown in the “Next Title” boxout, and if you follow the links to the pages for those upcoming games, you’ll see that they’re planned for release on the 22nd of December. As Volumes 20 and 21 (Space Harrier and SDI / Quartet) went on sale on October 27th, and Volumes 22 and 23 are going on sale on December 22nd, I doubt that any other Sega Ages games are going to make it out this year; the report of the Panzer Dragoon remake being ready by December looks to have been over-optimistic after all…

Hmm; the Sega Ages homepage has been updated again, and Panzer Dragoon isn’t going to be volume 24 or 25, either: those slots are taken up by Last Bronx and Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box. Last Bronx hasn’t been given a specific release date yet, but Heroes is planned for the 26th of February next year, so I guess we can only expect the Ages Panzer Dragoon sometime after that…

Wasn’t that trilogy pack released in the US on the GBA?

The trilogy pack for Gameboy Advance - Phantasy Star Collection - consisted of PS1, 2, and 3 but not the fourth game in the series.

More minor info: that Project Sega Ages information site has posted an updated list of upcoming titles, and the description for PD seems to reiterate that it’ll be running at 60fps. That still seems slightly odd seeing as both GameSpot and IGN thought the TGS demo was running at less than 60, though I guess it’s possible that it really wasn’t, and Sega have only confirmed that the finished game will be.

Really SEGA should have done the whole Saturn series on 1 DVD as part of the Sega Ages . I really think that would have sold like hot cakes and may make SEGA think about a new one inthe series (I’m all for another shooter myself).

That is if the Teams inside the SEGA Group really want to make another one . They could be sick to thier back teeth of Dragoon by now Which is always the worry I have

Real date for Japan mentioned- have they even announced this for US or PAL?

the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

• Sega will release Sega Ages 2500 Series: Dynamite Deka and Sega Ages 2500 Series: Panzer Dragoon for PS2 on April 27 in Japan.