I have Downloaded the Giri Giri but it didnt seem to work
I also tryed the SSF

Im now on one called Titan Which seems to be the best shot but
It keeps asking me for a Bios but

1. I dunno how to add the Bios to this type of Emulator
  2. Is there any spical way to add it.
    CAN ANY ONE HELP?

oTHER qUESTIONS

1. Whats the best Emulator in your opinion.
    2)Where can i get a bios.rom file for any emulator
    3)Can I play Saturn Roms ritten onto CD on a Saturn console?

Solo made a topic in the liberal district giving instructions on how to get Giri Giri working in Windows XP. I hope that helps.

I’m still trying to get Giri Giri working myself.

What are the problems you’re having with GiriGiri, guys? I’ve worked with that emulator quite a bit now (and I’ve managed to get it working on both ME and XP), so I might be able to point you in the right direction…

Anyway, as to your “other questions” sharky:

1. As far as I know, the only fully functional, fully playable Saturn emulator at the moment is GiriGiri. Most people have at least some kind of problem trying to get it to work in the first place though, as it’s not very user-friendly. Try that other thread that Geoff mentioned though, and as I say, if you tell me exactly where things seem to go wrong I’ll try to help as well.

2. I have no idea where you could find the Saturn BIOS, but as I say, GiriGiri seems to be the only fully functional emulator right now (anyone correct me if I’m wrong) and luckily it doesn’t need one.

3. As far as I know, there’s some bizarre disc-swap trick that lets you play “backup” discs on your Saturn, but it involves manually rewiring the machine and preferably drilling a hole in the side of it. I’ve been giving it a miss so far myself.

[quote=“Lance”]
3) As far as I know, there’s some bizarre disc-swap trick that lets you play “backup” discs on your Saturn, but it involves manually rewiring the machine and preferably drilling a hole in the side of it. I’ve been giving it a miss so far myself.[/quote]

This is not true! The Swap Trick is VERY simple. These are the instructions:

Before you can do the swap trick, you must first take off the cover of your Saturn and find and tape the CD door switch which is on the left hand side of the motherboard standing on a piece of metal one inch high. Tape it, and then close the Saturn back up.

The Swap Trick

1. Put the CDR into the Saturn and turn the power on.

2. Let the disc spin until you hear the laser move to the top of the Saturn - once this happens, swap to an original Sega Saturn disc.

3. Let the original disc spin until you hear the laser move back to the center of the Saturn - once this happens, swap back to the CDR.

4. The game will boot.

REMEMBER, TIMING IS EVERYTHING! Also of note is if you have US Saturn, then you will only be able to play US games using this method…there is a program out there called Satconv.exe which allows you to change the region codes of the games, which you can download at phantasy-star-universe.com in the HELP & FAQ section - use this program to change the region codes of your games to the region code of your Saturn…you will then be able to play every game you feed it.

Someone should tell that to the guys who keep writing FAQs on how to re-solder the inside of your Saturn :slight_smile:

But yeah, for anyone who didn’t notice I moved this topic here from the Seekers’ Stronghold; it’s on the off-topic side of things, and I thought that others who’ve had similar problems might be more likely to chime in with help if the topic’s here.

[quote=“Lance”]Someone should tell that to the guys who keep writing FAQs on how to re-solder the inside of your Saturn :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yeah, well they’re wrong. I’ve been doing the Swap Trick for years and this method works wonders…in fact, my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga was a backup copy and not an original, and this is how I initially played it. The timing is tricky to get down, but once you have it mastered, it stays with you for life - it’s like riding a bike.