Sad news for SegaXtreme

forums.segaxtreme.net/index.php?showtopic=15469

Bad news… doesn’t bode well for my NiGHTS tracks, either! :anjou_sad:

better get downloading then…

:anjou_sad:

Sega Xtreme was the last good source for Sega music.

They won’t be for long.

Still sux though. I know someone who has a good server. I’ll see what I can do.

Ahh crap, they were a pretty good site. I’m gonna have to start downloading quick before they take everything offline…

Hopefully someone will have all or at least most of the content and will possible be able to start a mirror or something similar.

It’s too expensive to host a large amount of media of that nature as long as bandwidth continues to cost as much as it does. The owner of the site was pretty damned generous to have operated things as long as he did.

I know; I had often thought that myself.

SegaXtreme have (had?) a fantastic amount of content - I had thought it might be too good to be true! :anjou_disappointment:

Yeah, I saw that when I was on there too. I made sure to get the Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online and of course PDS stuff while I was there. It’s a very good database, I would’ve used it more if I hadn’t just discovered it :\

~~Kie

Not all is lost though. One of my friends got me back into the whole website thing (damn him), so I’m slowly putting up some media content . It will never have the same amount of media that Sega Xtreme has, simply because we couldn’t afford to pay for that much bandwidth (if I could afford it, I’d most certainly do it), but it’s better than nothing I guess.

I just finished downloading 235 songs, 600 megabytes.

I don’t want to click on something ever again.

[quote=“Dopefish”]I just finished downloading 235 songs, 600 megabytes.
I don’t want to click on something ever again.[/quote]

that was me a while ago… now get started on the ID3 tags. You won’t be on the computer for a month afterwards

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]:anjou_sad: :anjou_sad:

Sega Xtreme was the last good source for Sega music.[/quote]

Do you think you could rehost the PD stuff?

[quote=“sega91”]

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]:anjou_sad: :anjou_sad:

Sega Xtreme was the last good source for Sega music.[/quote]

Do you think you could rehost the PD stuff?[/quote]

Yeah, that would be cool! Although I understand they would take up quite a bit of space which you may not have; what with all your other content. I guess it really depends on how much more space the new server has. :anjou_happy:

Well lets see… what Panzer Dragoon stuff does Sega Xtreme have? I know there are (at least) three Panzer Dragoon music videos, and the various soundtracks… so if that’s all, then yeah, I could manage all that.

2GB :anjou_love:

That’s great news, Solo. I’m sure you won’t be complaining at the amount of server space either! :anjou_happy: