Return of the Dreamcast

To be honest, it’s been so long since I’ve played Soul Calibur on Dreamcast that I didn’t notice the colour differences.

I think Saturn games will undoubtably look bad in comparison to newer titles, but if they’re classics people will play them regardless. A number of classic NES-era games have made it to Xbox Live Arcade, so maybe people will be willing to look past the “ugliness” of early 3D if the gameplay still holds up.

[quote=“Nemoide”]http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3583/sega-considering-saturn-download-titles

“It’s not that we have no intention of porting Saturn titles, so please share your requests.”[/quote]

How do we share our requests? It would be worthwhile creating an awareness that we’d like the Panzer games rereleased.

THAT is a good question. I know the Panzer community is pretty isolated - but Sega does keep tabs on fan sites.
I hate to suggest ripping off NiD15.com but any sort of page dedicated to promoting PD on XBLA/PSN would hypothetically get noticed.

Or if you have Twitter, send Tweets to Sega and/or comment on the Sega blogs? (Basically, I don’t know. :anjou_embarassed:)

You mentioned that the owner of nightsintodreams.com contacted Yosuke Okunari
on Twitter. Was that through @SEGA or through Yosuke Okunari’s personal twitter account?

His own - twitter.com/okunari

It wouldn’t be much of a ripoff seeing how NiD15 isn’t exactly a new concept. Like I said in another thread, I’d do something more than just let people “push a button”, so that you can at least show the first name, e-mail and optional comments from the people that already voted. I do think it’s a good idea that they used a dedicated webpage and domain. Finding ways to integrate the page with Twitter and Facebook would also be helpful. I’ve been planning on looking into this but I have a bad habit of not finishing the projects I’ve started on (I should have completed a project for TWOTA *ages *ago, it’s almost finished though Solo :anjou_embarassed:).

Thanks, although I guess someone who understands Japanese may need to ask instead.

No worries, D-Unit. :slight_smile: A site like what you described would be worthwhile, maybe as a subdomain on TWOTA? It would save buying a new domain anyway…

I’d probably get a new domain just to make it stand out a bit more, similar to what they did for nid15.com. I’m not a fan of Facebook, but Twitter integration would probably be important as well. I think nid15.com could go a lot further in using Twitter then they are doing now, given the number of Twitter plugins that are available.

Makes sense. Well, if you decide to go ahead with it on a separate domain, I’m more than happy to provide hosting. Just point the domain to webfaction’s name servers and I’ll do some configuring at my end.

Twitter integration sounds like a good idea, the PD feed is quite active.

It arrived at my house this morning after ordering it on ebay and i have to say its a shame Sega no longer make games consoles.To be honest the only reason i bought one was to play Shenmue 1,Crazy Taxi and Metropolis Street Racer does any other DreamCast owners have any recomendations on other games to buy for it?

Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Daytona, AeroWings 2, Armada, Power Stone 2, maybe even stuff like Evolution, a JRPG I don’t think many noticed at the time. There are plenty great DC games but some are perhaps easier to acquire on other platforms, like MvC2.

Jet Set Radio
Sonic Adventure
Chu Chu Rocket
Phantasy Star Online (maybe not as fun these days now that the servers have gone down)
Skies of Arcadia
Powerstone 1 and 2
Ikaruga (Japan only - also on Gamecube and Xbox Live Arcade)
Ecco Defender of the Future
Rez (the Xbox Live Arcade version is better though)
Soul Calibur

I’m sure there are others that I can’t think of right now. Welcome, by the way. :anjou_happy:

Shenmue 2!