Poket Kingdom: Own the world (SEGAs new HandHeld MMORPG)

Nokia and Sega today announced Pocket Kingdom: Own The World for the N-Gage game deck. Pocket Kingdom: Own The World is the world’s first global massively multiplayer online mobile game, challenging gamers to build a mighty online empire while competing against challengers from around the world. Set in a fantasy landscape, it is a game of combat, action and strategy. Send out armies to explore the Map of Ulgress, searching for treasure and new army recruits. Online, in the N-Gage Arena, gamers can encounter thousands of players from around the world, to compete against each other for spoils and glory.

“Pocket Kingdom: Own The World defies preconceived notions about mobile gaming and creates an entirely new genre: global massively multiplayer online mobile games,” said Pasi P?l?nen, Director, Games Publishing, Nokia. “The N-Gage platform, in part because of its unique mobile connected features, helps game developers unleash their creativity and build games for a truly global market.”

“As the first worldwide massively multiplayer online mobile game, Pocket Kingdom: Own The World showcases the power of both the N-Gage platform and the N-Gage Arena,” said Gerard Wiener, Director, Network Game Solutions, Nokia. “The N-Gage Arena allows thousands of gamers around the world to connect for global mobile online battles, creating dynamic and unscripted gaming experiences. Gamers will relish the challenge.”

“Sega has long been a pioneer in the world of online gaming. We are very proud to have been a part of bringing Pocket Kingdom: Own the World to the N-Gage platform,” said Hiroshi Okamoto, Producer, Pocket Kingdom: Own The World, Sega Corporation.

Pocket Kingdom: Own The World immerses gamers into a fantasy landscape where they can choose from over 400 castle configurations with more than 100 collectable units with which to do battle and over 50,000 collectable items to equip such units. Players can also buy and sell items through an online auction system to develop their kingdoms even further.

Through the N-Gage Arena, players can find worthy online opponents from around the world to compete against and build their experience. In addition, players can chat and instant message their friends, check their global rankings, read the latest Pocket Kingdom: Own The World news and more. Players will also have to challenge bosses that live in the N-Gage Arena and who guard the path to higher levels of play.

Pocket Kingdom: Own The World is expected to be available for the N-Gage platform in the third quarter of 2004

Sorce: mobilemag.com/content/100/345/C2611/

I don’t know what to make of this. Sega’s latests efforts to branch out into new realms can only be a good thing, right?

I think I love about SEGA is that they always try to be first to do everything.

First CD console,
First Net on Console,
VMU’s,
First and Only Online game For GC,
First Lightgun game on Xbox,
Them Arcade Memory cards,
The SEGA channel,
First MMORPG on handheld.

Ive seens some pic’s from this game and it looks pritty damn cool!
when you fight you go into like a side scroll view and its like a
fighter… with lots of players, it looks great hope it comes out for like
PC or somthing.

You forgot to mention first 3D beat em up (Virtua Fighter), first 32bit console, first 128bit console, first MMORPG on a console (PSO), first color handheld console and theres deffinitelly more where these came from :slight_smile:

I think the game is going to be cool but I also think N-Gage isn’t really good (or popular) so it will flop. A big shame but I’m sure (ie I hope) they got paid to make it rather than expect profits from the game itself :slight_smile:
I also dont really know how you can play a MMORPG on your mobile phone, it’s propably too time consuming… I think employers will sue Sega cos of their employees productivity going down :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefuly the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP will be able to play it also!

I doubt that’s gonna happen, it’s propably a deal between Sega and Nokia…
Does the Nintendo DS even have online capabilities? Besides they can propably pull off better graphics than the N-Gage, Sega would be better off making something new for those :slight_smile:

resists urge to make sick joke about title