Playstation 4 Games

So long as the games continue to be supported on newer versions of the console’s OS and hardware. There’s something to be said for the simplicity of console generations. PS1 branded games work on PS1, PS2 branded games work on PS2, etc. For consumers who may not have done much research, this is easy to understand. Meanwhile, apparently 8% iOS apps won’t work on the latest iOS.

So it finally happened. My girlfriend got me a PS4 slim and a few games for Christmas; FIFA18, The Last of Us Remastered and Until Dawn.

The Uncharted series, Last Guardian and the Shadow of the Colossus remake are on my agenda.

2 Likes

I decided to get the PS4 Pro earlier than I had planned since I have a bit of downtime right now. I’ll hold onto it until The Last of Us Part 2 arrives at least, but in the meantime I picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition, the SOTC remake, Rise of the Tomb Raider (20th celebration), and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, so that will keep me busy for a while. What can I say, I value my escapism.

I looked into getting an external GPU for my laptop to play games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, but they’re still too expensive for what they are. Basically the same price (as the whole PS4 Pro) just for the enclosure. So PS4 it will be for new releases going forward.

Don’t forget Shenmue III :anjou_happy:

Good point. I’ll need to replay the older Shenmue games first though, or at least watch a video playthrough of them. It’s been so long.

Some thoughts about the PS4 Pro: I’m playing on a 1080p display, but there’s still some benefits such as smoother framerates and detail is boosted on some existing games. It’s essentially made consoles compete with PCs when it comes to upgrading, but with fewer variations (which might be considered both a good or bad thing). I think this is a positive change when you consider how long the last console generation dragged on for. It will be interesting to see whether the PS5 follows the PS4 Pro in being backward compatible with the existing PS4 library. Backward compatibility seems feasible at least, even if they don’t make the next PlayStation forward compatible.