PDS on eBay

At a fairly decent price, considering.

A nice opportunity for anyone here who has only played Orta.

The box looks weird, I don’t remember it looking quite like that (yes, I know it doesn’t have the paper cover…). Also, he only shows the discs from one side, not the printed side… Beware of a potential fake copy? If not, then any American should buy it, even if they already have the game, just to resell it at something like three or four times that price (just to make sure it’s bought, it might take a while longer for the usual $200) :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Found a pic online. This is how my boxes were. Was the U.S. version different?

Yeah, the US packaging was a bit different. Here’s mine with an example of one of the discs:

I would ask him for additional photos. My guess is that he’s showing you the quality of the playable side of the disc. Maybe he just didn’t think about it. shrug

Indeed, that is what my copy looks like.

Shall we make this thread speculation about the ending price? I’m guessing that it will end up around $150

[quote=“Nemoide”]Indeed, that is what my copy looks like.

Shall we make this thread speculation about the ending price? I’m guessing that it will end up around $150[/quote]

i would guess higher with the holidays coming up, in late November and December ive seen them get CRAZY expensive (the highest was about $400)
ill guess around $200 for this one

I see. The discs have nicer prints but the packaging is worse than the PAL imo.

You’re probably right then but you’d think he’d know when he claims mint condition people would like to see more, like both disc sides and the manual.

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]I see. The discs have nicer prints but the packaging is worse than the PAL imo.

You’re probably right then but you’d think he’d know when he claims mint condition people would like to see more, like both disc sides and the manual.[/quote]

Well, I’ve always had the opinion that whoever designed the cover image for the PAL and NTSC versions needed to go back to composition school. In all honesty, it’s a train wreck of an image that could have been placed together in a much more appealing fashion. I’m an artist, aesthetics bother me when poorly executed. However, the game had enough of a following to warrant the purchase by mostly those who knew the treasure to be found within.

For the sake of saving the page, I’m only posting the link to the images, but you can see what the US discs look like here and here. (Sorry about the glare of my cam - I hope to be getting an actual digital camera for my birthday.)

I have to say that while black is a timeless classic, I’m glad that my version has pictures of the characters on the discs. That was one of my favourite things about CDs replacing cassettes.

As far as Captain eBayer, he could just be that absent-minded. I won’t argue that whoever chooses to place a bid should definitely request additional disc pics before money comes into it.

Ha, I only noticed your glare :stuck_out_tongue:
Those are some mighty fine looking discs though, certainly better than the PAL version’s. Yay for Paet getting his own too, you’d think Craymen would instead.

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]Ha, I only noticed your glare :stuck_out_tongue:
Those are some mighty fine looking discs though, certainly better than the PAL version’s. Yay for Paet getting his own too, you’d think Craymen would instead.[/quote]

Well, maybe they’re just depicting the “good guys.”

Don’t take this seriously (er, duh?) but I was just thinking that image of yours with the PDS box held out would oh so easily be the perfect proposal for guys like users here :anjou_love:

And yes, I guess it’s the good guys. Nemoide, I bet on just over $100 for the auction. I don’t think it’ll go over it by much, closer to $100 than $150 anyway. We shall see :anjou_sigh:

Are you suggesting that sex sells products more effectively?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So, I guess I shouldn’t pose in a bikini with the case, eh…?

I’d be pleased to see someone get a good deal on it, although I do find it to be priceless in a fashion. There are a few other copies up already past the $200 mark.

Well, I think you should. Ha! :anjou_embarassed:

But no, I wasn’t suggesting that. Just trying to kid about offering PDS up like that being better for guys here than a ring would be for a gal elsewhere :anjou_sigh:

So, yeah, this and not THAT kind of a proposal. My joke failed though, obviously :anjou_sad:

I’ve seen those auctions but they didn’t bid up to that point, they were started that high, I think. I believe someone’s going to get a very good deal with this one which started nice and low. I’d jump in if I trusted shipping and had a Saturn that could play this.

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]Well, I think you should. Ha! :anjou_embarassed:

But no, I wasn’t suggesting that. Just trying to kid about offering PDS up like that being better for guys here than a ring would be for a gal elsewhere :anjou_sigh:

So, yeah, this and not THAT kind of a proposal. My joke failed though, obviously :anjou_sad:[/quote]

Ah… literal proposal. /fail
Sorry. Didn’t mean to kill your joke like that.

That’s mainly the reason why I posted it here, because it did start out low. If it gets bumped up through bids, then it gets bumped up through bids. I’m really glad that I held onto my Saturn. I couldn’t fathom being without it. I did, unfortunately, sell some of my games when I was in a pinch, which makes me sad. I miss Clockwork Knight…

I had in the past purchased my original copy for $40 US and a second copy for $78 or something like that. I sold the second copy on ebay way back when for $220 bucks when I really needed the money. Both were mint albeit opened. I haven’t seen them hit that high in a while. I too find this to be a priceless gem. I would not sell my copy for anything. I think I would eat less before selling it. The next hard part is going to be finding a working Saturn if mine dies. The controller ports are not working well anymore and the laser appears to be crapping out. :frowning: The one nice thing about my Genesis classics is that I have the bit tool to open them up and replace the internal battery. So my copies of the Shining Force and Phantasy Star games work like new. I am not as comfortable ordering parts for the Saturn to fix it.

It’s at almost $125 with 17+ hours to go…

I guess I lost :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s ok. You never bet anything. =P

I won’t hold you to it.