PDS 3D model

How can I extract the 3D models data from the game?

I would like to use them in a 3D viewer program and eventually use them in some fan-made project but I don’t know if there is already a way to do this.

LOL forget it. I’ve tried this for so many years, it is simply impossible I guess. The thing is, TA wrote their own highly proprietary 3d engine for the saturn, and the models and textures are stored in a very strange format.

I even tried to extract the geometry from orta, but i think there again, it is simply impossible.

I was fearing it.

The 3D processing of the Saturn is so convuluted that their 3D engine should be a piece of madness like windows code. They pushed the saturn to its limits, after all.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

They are so low poly, that it probably makes sense to just screen grab the heck of them in an emulator for texture maps and then re-map them on polygons.

Haha, yeah I was just thinking that it would probably be fairly easy to rebuild them, you could probably even make the textures much better quality while you’re at it. Now getting a hold of the dragon model from Panzer Dragoon Orta…that’s another story

What I would like to know is how they made the morphing effect in the Dragon’s models based in four variables. It’s a effect you don’t see in many games (If any. I can’t remember another game with it)
It added many points to the “cool factor” of the game. And most astonishing: they did it without any bugs! that’s impressive!

it really isn’t that complicated actually. you just need 4 morph targets. also the dragon was pretty low poly. but still very cool =)

So it’s just a morphing. I think it will not be that hard to take a grasp of it with a modern 3D modeller. Thanks.