Panzer Dragoon Saga Q (Old Q)

Well, obviously most of you all have played this game, but I still want to know… what’s the deal with the ranch thing at the completion of PDS?

You know, when you’re a little mutant Coolia? Anyone have any idea what this WAS suppose to be? I cannot for the life of me understand it.

It’s nothing…literally nothing. Although I guess it’s kinda fun to walk around like a little coolia and here them all squeaking and stuff…

Btw, welcome to the forums, man.

It’s not known if it even has a purpose.Dermot’s Ranch is it’s name.

I guess Team Andromeda just wanted to have a little fun.

Btw welcome to TWOTA :smiley:

Thanks, I was searching around for random things… didn’t know there was so many other’s witha complete love for these games as I do.

Is anyone else having a problem getting their hands on a Orta game? I had to go buy the used copy to get one here. Kinda odd.

Welcome, Sade Duvet

We are with PD to the end.

Er… right??

[quote=“Sade Duvet”]Well, obviously most of you all have played this game, but I still want to know… what’s the deal with the ranch thing at the completion of PDS?

You know, when you’re a little mutant Coolia? Anyone have any idea what this WAS suppose to be? I cannot for the life of me understand it.[/quote]

Yes, welcome to the forums Sade Duvet :slight_smile:

I think I can safely confirm for you that Dermot’s Ranch has no actual “function”. It really is just a bunch of random Coolia pups sitting around at a campsite, squeaking at things. It seems that it’s named after one of the guys who worked on the game, but you probably guessed that. I doubt that it was ever meant to be anything more, as it’s all just a random collage of 3D models from other parts of the game. (The background scenery is the place where you first meet Gash in that cut-scene, for example.)

What I found more weird was that doing really well on the “Ancient Valley” and “Fleet on the Lake” mini-games didn’t unlock anything. I thought at first that they may have led to even more Box Game randomness, but unfortunately the weirdness ends there.

Dermot’s ranch was in fact named after the guy who programmed the Baby Dragon, both flying and in the camp.

it might have been a test place he made to test all the types of baby dragons in the camp (the falling over one, etc) all 3 types are there.

So maybe instead of just dicarding it team andromeda just decided to add it to the final game for a laugh.

anyone noticed the map in the mini games in PDS is much greener? hint

I was never sure whether or not that was meant to represent the improving ecosystems following the Towers’ deactivation. My other guess was that it was meant to be an ethereal green glow: indicating a weird, alternate plane of existance.

Yeah, same here.

When I first played Saga, I thought it was meant to represent what the area would have looked like in the Ancient Age (there is a box game stage called Ancient Valley after all). At second thoughts, it could well represent the healing world that carried on into Panzer Dragoon Orta.

There were types of baby dragon?

Yeah, walking, sitting and…the other one.

Oh right, I thought he was talking about different morphs.

Look we got another teasing drone…

Bah! :stuck_out_tongue: