Panzer Dragoon: Remake confirmed for PC (Steam and GOG)

It’s great that the purchase of a Switch isn’t required to play this any longer! Although personally I’m still hoping for a PS4 release, given that the system requirements are fairly steep.

5 Likes

This is the version I will be getting! I hope we get a new trailer soon. It would be nice to see what the rest of the game looks like…

2 Likes

AAAWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Super excite!

1 Like

I’ll be happy if it will be released on PS4 as well. I have Switch, and my PC could probably run the game, but I prefer to play games on the PS4.

1 Like

If it doesn’t come out on PS4, I might just get a Switch, as my laptop is unlikely to run the game well. It could be a good excuse to upgrade or build a gaming PC (and play some of these upcoming Microsoft exclusives like Halo Infinite), but it’s probably not worth it.

1 Like

:anjou_love:

2 Likes

That’s awesome, now if only the other Sega Classics games were on GoG!

1 Like

You bring up an interesting point - is this the first Sega IP on GOG? The first of many?

It is the first Sega IP on GoG. Technically I own a DRM free copy of the Sega Genesis games on PC via Sega Classics Collection Gold Edition, but that is a disc based PC release. At this point Sega has classic games everywhere, so I don’t think a GoG release of those games would be anything but free money for them. I would buy them again just to have them on GoG. Would be nice to see releases of all the Sega Classics from the original SMS up to the DC.

1 Like

Forever Entertainment has confirmed that both the Steam and GOG releases are arriving on September 25th.

Who here is planning to buy a copy?

have they shown what improvements they’d do?

Id probably get steam since most my catalog is there

1 Like

Not yet, but I imagine we’ll learn more very soon. The Steam listing shows that it supports achievements and cloud saves, which weren’t featured in the Switch version, but I don’t see any details about PC specific features like ultra wide support.

1 Like

Will pick it up on GoG. Hope the sales are decent there to encourage Sega to release more games on GoG!

1 Like

Will buy. Been waiting forever both for my physical copy and the Steam version!

1 Like

It’s out!

I just picked it up on gog.com. Haven’t had a chance to play it yet though.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if modders can figure it out how to change assets

esp if it is just Unity. would be fairly easy to change things if they can …

1 Like

Buh, feels cheap as all, disappointing even after lowered expectations. The fmv are so bad it makes no sense they went to the trouble to remake them but that goes for much of the game I guess. Baleeted from library. I’d rather play the original where the shortcomings make sense for its circumstances. Make sure you force vsync on in drivers or whatever, never have I seen so much tearing on my 144hz vrr monitor.

Maybe I am just not that picky as the story was what mattered most to me, but I have been having fun with the GOG version. Plays smoothly, looks good enough for me. Controls a lot better than I remember the original. The only thing I could complain about is that the price is pretty high for as short as this is.

1 Like

Is anyone playing Panzer Dragoon: Remake with mouse controls? I can’t imagine not using a controller to play Panzer Dragoon, but I’m curious to try it.