Panzer Dragoon Orta Complete Guide

Hi, I just joined Will of the Ancients forums. It took me a long time to notice this website, and I must say this is a very good place to get a lot of info on the Panzer world and mythos. ^^

May I know where I can obtain some sample scans of the PDO Complete Guide, the Japanese book if there’s any? It’s kind of late to get interested in getting this item as it’s no longer in production… but I’m interested in buying this book online but want to know what format and info it contains inside.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this! :slight_smile:

I don’t have any scans, but I can tell you briefly what’s inside of it.

The book is divided into three parts:

Part 1 - The Chapter of World Analysis (Pages 3 - 80)
The first section is mostly information (written in Japanese), with small thumbnail images, most of which are on Lagi’s website. There’s a wealth of information here, if you can read the language.

Part 2 - The Chapter of Complete Capture (Pages 81 - 174)
This section is a guide for the game. It includes diagrams of all the episodes, lists of enemies, with thumbnail pictures, and one page descriptions of each episode.

Part 3 - The Chapter of Pandora’s Box (Pages 175 - 207)
This is guide to all the mini games in Pandora’s Box, including Iva’s Story. It’s presented in a similar format to Part 2.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Thanks Solo Wing! ^^

A pity there isn’t any scans available. I haven’t seen any reviews anywhere about this book, Japanese or English. Will this be a book worth buying, even though I can get translated info and explanations here? I know quite a bit of Japanese, well kanji anyway. :slight_smile:

I’d go for some of the other books before choosing this one, as it’s mostly information apart from the diagrams in the second and third sections. That is, of course, if want more than just information. If you do know Japanese well enough to read it comfortably, then there’s quite a wealth of information in the first section which has yet to be translated, and I believe is different from that of the encyclopedia.

Here’s a list of sections in the first part, most of which have a page devoted to them:

Academy
Demihuman
Ruins
Pray
Medical
Clothes
Gene
Ocean
Sanitation
Chosen
Grown Up
Parent
Past
Livestock
God
Age of God
Education
Courtesy
Ancient
Economy
Nation
Optical
Creature
Imperial
Emperor
Death
Seeker
Self, Other
Luxury
Guard
Dwelling
Religion
Meal
Plant
Mythology
Sleep
Live
Sexual Act
War
Circuit
Reactor
Ancestor
Sky
Sun
Journey
Great Fall
Knowledge
Moon
Communicate
Empire
Dragon
Mare
Tower
Hunter
Fire
Light
Civilization
Weapon
Outlands
Stars
Guarding
Water
Future
Worm
Land
Labor
Wormriders

Oh…I see. You’re right. There seems to be more info on the people’s way of life, caste system, economics, traditions and how they interpret astronomy. I’m considering getting this book. And thanks for the help again. :slight_smile: