Panzer Dragoon Movie (Petition)

I think the problem with NiGHTS 2 is that it was pretty much NiGHTS 1.5, it might as well have been released on the Saturn. In many ways Flower on the PS3 is the spiritual successor to the original NiGHTS.

As for the PD movie, maybe if Sega releases another PD game that ends up selling a few million copies we might have a chance at seeing that. Then again, how many game-to-movie adaptations were actually any good?

I’ve heard good things about FF advent children (but not watched yet)
and the Street Fighter Anime/Manga was meant to be good

I’m waiting for the Warcraft movie =D

other than those… i can’t recall any other adaptations that i’ve liked, or that have been anywhere like the game (except in name). Resident Evil? Nothing like the games i felt… Tomb Raider? not watched but am expecting the same.

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]
Obviously the man is going to be fairly busy, so if we were to submit the idea (I’m not even sure how you’d go about doing that)[/quote]

You do it with great difficulty. Anybody as high profile as Peter Jackson is surrounded by a good number of personal assistants who manage the high volume of fans like us who constantly try to contact him. You’d have to come up with a presentation that they wouldn’t immediately discard as being a waste of PJ’s time to even get it to him. Even getting it as far as his PAs would be tricky, the only easy to access addresses are reception for places like Weta Digital/Weta Workshop where the receptionist might pass something on to a higher level person if we were very lucky but they most likely wouldn’t think it worth even giving it to his PAs… So we most likely would get blocked at the first hurdle.

Yeah, and coming up with a presentation would take a fair amount of time and effort.

It’s not something I’d be prepared to put a lot of work into if there was only a small chance that it would ever be seen. However, if someone else wants to go ahead with making a presentation, I’d be happy to support the project.

Which again reminds me I never got around to finishing that redesign

Concerning a PD movie, it would make more sense to me to just make an anime out of PD Saga instead. They should be able to get most of the original voice actors back (the voice actors for Edge and Azel both had roles in the latest Evangelion 2.0 for example). Think Last Exile and the Nausica? anime, I could see it work. If they can spend their money turning Valkyria Chronicles (where the storyline and characters are by far the greatest flaw of the game) into an anime they might as well do so for PD Saga.

That looks nice, D-Unit :anjou_happy:

Futuristic, which represents the age that Panzer Dragoon Orta takes place in. The colour represents the “ominous light” of the dragon.

I like what you’ve done with the images too. Captions are important.

I suggest that you consider shrinking the top block (that contains the words Panzer Dragoon Legacy) as this fills up almost half the screen on lower resolutions. A few more curves would smooth it up nicely too.

So long as it doesn’t turn out like the last PD anime. :anjou_sigh:

An anime movie, or even a series based on Panzer Dragoon Saga could be great if it was done right.

Was there a PD anime ever released ???

I agree. I don’t trust in movie adaptation for video games, manga and so on… An anime movie would definitly be the best option.

[quote=“Kay”]

Was there a PD anime ever released ??? [/quote]

Yep, based on the first game and released in the US by ADV films (RIP). It’s generally considered the all-time low of PD. It has awkward CGI, god-awful voice acting, and a stupid story.
It has a special place in my heart for being among the first anime tapes I bought and I am kind of amused by it for being so absolutely terrible. But it is not worth watching if you are expecting anything of even remotely decent quality.

The Panzer Dragoon OVA wasn’t quite as horrifying as I’d felt led to expect honestly. Of course being already prepared to disregard it made a huge difference, but I actually liked the CG, kind of made me wish for a real up-port of the game. As I’ve said before, the story has some odd parallels to PDS, it really seems like they were influenced by some of the early work on Azel to me. But as a reflection of the story the games tell, it is just an abomination, to be sure. It’s a completely different world there.

But I can’t agree Anime would be preferable, no matter how well it was done. I can’t even think of one example of an Anime with sufficient texture, to pull off Panzer Dragoon the way I perceive it.