Panzer Dragoon Azel & Zwei Prototypes

Adverts. Snarl.

But if the rest of the community likes the idea, I won’t complain too much.

I have no problem with you taking charge :slight_smile: It makes much more sense. As originally said, I don’t want to collect the money, I just want chance in my life to see these protos :slight_smile:

As for google ads I’d suggest it’s a bad idea. Since google has hcnage how they work they make a lot less money. Mu Linkin Park site that gets over 2000 hits a day used to make close to $120 every 6 months. Now after 10 months I’ve barely got $20 so I removed them :confused:

well, just you guys do as you want with the ads, but we as the maybe only one panzer dragoon community in this world we must get those protos

i think i know who was the person selling them, and each azel cd if i remember was like 90$, we can see if we can take one by one…

and about the zwei, come on guys, i’m mostly sure it’s the proto from the omake video, you guys don’t think would be cool to play those unreleased stages???

Of course. But it’s not going to be the one in the Omake necessarily. It could be a later version. The reason why I’m more interested in Azel is because of it’s scope and the fact I’ve seen the Omake - it gives me a rough idea of how it was back then. Of Azel I know nothing though.

As for google ads - even though they might no be too profitable it’s still a way to make some money.

well, i see you point, and i think it’s ok…

but who can guarantee us that the azel proto (considering it’s 4 discs) is something really different than what we finally saw in the game??

Well it sounds cool enough, though I can’t know how much it’ll mean to me ultimately I’ll gladly risk at least $50 to find out. If y’all can arrange things and feel comfortable with the prospect then I’m making my pledge.

thanks to all!

well, would be good to count what we have put on the table 'til now…

The same person who can guarantee us that the zwei proto is something really different than what we finally saw in the game :wink:

Remember, it doesn’t have to be the material previously seen in the Omake.

Ok im normally one of those users that just floats around never posting and just reading stuff. But this has peaked my interest. Azel is without a doubt my favourite game and i would be happy to lend a hand in this endeavour.

Count on me for at least $50

Energy - $100
Gehpnaet - might put in a donation if proven legit
Lance - a donation
Shadow - $50 towards Azel prototype
Saturn_Worship - $70
Solo - $50 towards Azel prototype
Heretic Agnostic - $50
Dragon Phoenix - $50

That’s $370 so far, not including potential donations from Lance and Gehn. If we can get another $70 we’ll have enough for the Azel prototype. Then, if it works out, we can look at raising money for the Zwei prototype somehow.

By the way, do any of the regulars here want to take charge of the process of collecting the money, and then paying DRX, or would you prefer for me to this? I’m thinking a PayPal type system might work best?

$20 is not particularly good for 10 months :(. Any ideas for implementing a more worthwhile ad-based system?

Excellent, well il keep looking in on this to see how it progresses. Hopefully we’l hear if Lance and Gehpnaet are up for it soon. Though an extra 70$ isn’t too much so it shouldn’t be a problem achieving that goal :anjou_happy:

“By the way, do any of the regulars here want to take charge of the process of collecting the money, and then paying DRX, or would you prefer for me to this? I’m thinking a PayPal type system might work best?”

you could have them send there piece to you, so you can send it the drx all at once.

As community stalwart and general bad ass I’d volunteer Solo is the most trusted person here.

As long as he doesn’t put ads on the site :slight_smile:

I can think of several ways. Until you can prove this is all real, there’s nothing further to discuss.

Have the guy post here with screens. Then put up some references to satisfied customers from previous sales.

I’d sooner trust hard copies being sold on Ebay, sorry, which incidentally, I would rather see happen.

P.S. Guys, I respect the enthusiasm, but it’s not worth spending real money for incomplete games. Unless you happen to be loaded, then feel free to burn your money.

I do think there is a good chance of this being legit, judging by the sheer number of existing prototypes that he has already released. If you have a look through his site and download some of the existing prototypes. I recommend looking at the Sonic 2 beta which features a number of noticeable differences - hidden-palace.org/?releases/34 - such as levels which aren’t in the final game (the level select for the beta is Up, Down, Down, Down, Down, Up, A+Start).

You make good points Geoffrey, and I do appreciate the warning to be cautious. I’ve emailed DRX and asked if he can provide some screenshots of the Azel prototype.

Like Geoffrey mentioned, I’m not loaded either, so I do need some sort of proof.

I’d be willing to pay 50$ myself if we can get some sort of feedback. Word of advice for any smartass out there : I will hunt you down if this is a scheme.

Well, im still in :anjou_love:

Way i see it the potential gain is better than the potential loss for me personally.

Dragon Phoenix

[quote=“Dragon Phoenix”]Well, im still in :anjou_love:

Way i see it the potential gain is better than the potential loss for me personally.

Dragon Phoenix[/quote]

Ditto, I mean, it’s PD. Count me in with 50$ also.

I think we’re going to have trouble raising a full $900 for this.

The issue is that DRX wishes to buy all the Panzer Dragoon prototypes as one bulk lot. The owner of the prototypes has other prototype collectors interested in purchasing them too, so he has only put them aside for a limited amount of time.

A suggestion that he has made is that he buys the whole lot, but he only releases the Azel prototypes for now. Then, once we’ve raised the other $450 he’ll release the Zwei prototype.

So, my question is, who here would be willing to put some money towards the Zwei prototype after we’ve gotten hold the Azel prototype? This would reassure DRX that - if he buys the whole $900 worth now - he’ll be able to regain his losses. Count me in for another $50 then.