Official Panzer Dragoon Remake

Probably because Lundi was entrusted with a detailed vision about the dragon’s mission (see his journals) whereas Kyle was not. I think Lundi was referring to other riders in general that would come after him, be that the Sky Rider, Kyle, or Edge; he didn’t know specially who the new rider would be or whether they would get a hold of his writing.

1 Like

Looks like the Zwei remake is already in development!!

http://segabits.com/blog/2019/06/27/panzer-dragoon-remake-getting-physical-release-coming-out-before-march-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3V169bpcEM1FbCnSsep74PMCFDTd9dwQ2LRHNAWmNLreF-AHRHU5w6IsI

If they’re working on such a small budget surely it makes more sense to go multiplatform? Surely the costs of going on PC at least would be worth it?

I don’t know Polish, but I think the part about needing to sell copies “from the start” might be a mistranslation. Seems to me like they’re saying that they’re working on a small budget, so they don’t need to sell a whole lot of copies for the game to be profitable. Bing translated the sentence as follows:

There is a small budget for the game, so you just need a small sale to make the production get paid.

They’ve also stated that they “never said the game was a Switch exclusive”, so it’s likely that additional platforms will be confirmed later on.

Well, You can actually do a lot with ruins and water. The problem here is what they did. They turned it into Thai ruins in the middle of a swamp with muddy water at sunset.
Something like an “exaggerated” and elaborated version of the ruins of Kekova would fit the much better: https://turkishtravelblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/sunken-city-of-kekova.jpg

1 Like

I was surprised by how good the trailer looked. I’m really keen to play this when it gets released.

I understand the gripes about the different art direction, but I can’t say I mind it too much. Yes, since the first level is supposed to be a sunken ruined city, it does look too populated at the moment. Hopefully this is something they can adjust as they continue development. I just hope they make the look more earthy like the original games.

My main concern at the moment is the sound effects. The sound of the dragon’s scream is really off at the moment and the sound effect for the lasers doesn’t sound organic enough. I’ve discussed this with the developer on their discord server and hope they will create sounds closer to those in the original game.

As for gaming modes, an RPG-lite mode, as suggested above, would be good, where Kyle and Lagi visit villages, the dragon grows and develops over the course of the story, and so forth, similar to PDS. But I would want this to be a mode players unlock after they play and beat the original arcade mode.

Still, I’m very happy that we have this remake and I look forward to seeing how it develops.

@Pyteo I guess realistically all those rocks protruding out of the ruins is a problem. There is no accounting for where they came from if this is supposed to be a sunken city…