Not a new trailer

youtu.be/8wTg7LLrfII

Hnnng, makes me want, for once. It screams Zwei to me. Although I have to say despite the talk of having done everything they could with Panzer and this being different it’s basically fan service to the point it can be without infringing on SEGA’s IP. Shame. I still dislike those playable dragons too, only one has wing arms and still doesn’t look great in the last screenshots. Some other things seem off. Well, hopefully I’ll manage to play it in the same way I played through Orta but at the moment I don’t have access to a Kinect.

This trailer has been around for a while, but its good that you shared it again.

The full presentation which includes the trailer can be found here:
nicozon.net/watch/sm17087530

It also shows the game being played (you have to skip through a bit of talking though).

Its seems to borrow very much from Orta style . Its just a shame the game can’t be played by a Pad .

Ah, I missed that. At least it’s direct feed/720p here. Unless that was also available.

Sorry for the disappointment anyway. Changing the thread title to avoid that.

And yep, shame it can’t be played Sin & Punishment 2 style.

The more this game is getting attention the more comments I’m reading about the lack of controller support. Sadly, this is going to put a really big dent in the sales of the game. The developers must realize this, but obviously this game wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for Microsoft looking to sell Kinect to hardcore gamers. Let’s just hope they patch in controller support eventually.

Regardless, I’m still looking forward to this game.

the lack of controller support.<<

This is commissioned by MS as a Kinect game- there is really no value in MS making it use a controller- they wouldn’t fund a controller game like this

As aside, I can’t believe how Orta the thing is looking. The early screens were pretty bland, but a lot of the other stuff looks like it could be screenshots from Orta 2

Although, I never liked Orta’s style as much as Zwei or Saga, it is better than nothing!

[quote=“lagi_webmaster”]As aside, I can’t believe how Orta the thing is looking. The early screens were pretty bland, but a lot of the other stuff looks like it could be screenshots from Orta 2

Although, I never liked Orta’s style as much as Zwei or Saga, it is better than nothing![/quote]

It’s kind of ironic that the people of Team Andromeda who left Sega and weren’t around to make Panzer Dragoon Orta end up making a game that looks more similar to Orta than the other Panzer Dragoon games.

I’m worried about this game’s chances at success though. It’s probably going to sell about 5 copies in Japan (few people there even have an XBox360, let alone a Kinect), so the only chance it has is in the Western market. But Kinect only means a lot of potential sales are wasted. Microsoft won’t care about that of course, but it’s still sad to see yet another “Panzer Dragoon” game being released for only a limited audience.

I think maybe they wanted to experiment with the diverse colour palette available with the 360’s hardware, something they didn’t have the opportunity to tap into in the Saturn days. The Saturn Panzer Dragoon games were very “brown” (in a good way of course) but I imagine they wanted to branch out from that look and a new IP offered that opportunity.

I’m worried about this game’s chances at success though<<

With some of these initiatives, they just want to show that Kinect is viable platform for a variety of games and markets - with the price point and everything it is a pretty small play for MS

Sure, but it’s a big play for Grounding Inc. and Land Ho! . I’d like for the game to be a success, as it could convince Sega to rerelease the Panzer Dragoon games on XBLA. The Sega Ages version was after all made by Land Ho! and commissioned by Sega. Without controller support though, I’m not sure how successful this game will turn out to be. Child of Eden’s sales were terrible, but of course that was partly down to the price tag. Rez HD on the other hand sold rather well. Crimson Dragon with controller support would probably be able to do even better than Rez HD, but being Kinect only I’m really not sure what to expect from the sales. Of course the actual quality of the game will be a factor as well.

Sure, but it’s a big play for Grounding Inc. and Land Ho! <<

They are probably going to get the majority of their money just for developing it- the backend on a publishing deal like this usually would go to MS with only a small amount to the developer after it recoups all costs, and again MS wants it on Kinect as a platform play and they are aware of what it will probably sell on the limited platform. If they sold it working w/ a controller it would defeat the point why they paid for it.

But yeah, I agree it would be awesome if it did do well, made SEGA want to do more. But I doubt it will.