Nintendo will fund Beyond Good and Evil 2?! (BG&E 2 Discussion)

Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be a great exclusive for the NIntendo NX if true!

Things are looking up for the sequel I hope!

I feel like we’ve been given so much false hope for the future of BG&E that I’m kind of skeptical of anything happening. But then again, this is the age of sequels appearing for franchises that haven’t had a glimmer of hope for years. Heck, even a new Fear Effect is happening.

I hope they keep the gameplay exactly the same; just on a bigger scale!. And…lots more animals to take pictures of!

It looks like this is getting closer to reality. Here is some official concept art for Beyond Good and Evil 2! This could be little Pey’j and Jade’s father…?! Also, a shark humanoid similar to the ones in the first game.

"Ancel’s latest post features art of a character who bears a striking resemblance to Mammago from the first Beyond Good & Evil. Along with the photo, he posted the caption:

“Game in pre-production - stay tuned!”

Damn, even if this is an NX exclusive it’s still probably 3 years off at the least; seeing how Ancel just announced the game is only in pre-production…

I’m half expecting Sega to announce a new Alex Kidd game any day now.

Ubisoft have announced that the original BG&E will be free as part of their 30 years celebration. You can add it to your Uplay library from October 12th. I’ve never played it so will definitely pick it up, although I have to wonder if this is mere coincidence or part of an attempt to revive interest in the franchise ahead of a sequel…

That’s awesome! Too bad I already own the PS2 version and the HD version…I don’t think it’s a coincidence really as a major BG&E 2 announcement is probably coming with the NX announcement.

Solo you should play BG&E at least once. You won’t be disappointed and you can beat the game within 8 to 10 hours.

Or an attempt to get people to voluntarily use Uplay.

I’ve actually played it (the HD Xbox 360 version), but for some reason I didn’t finish it. I’m not actually sure why as it is a good game. Was the PC version ever updated with the enhancements of the 360 version? I see that the Steam listing doesn’t even mention controller support.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/beyond-good-and-evil-2-is-officially-in-developmen/1100-6444242/

Lo and behold, the sequel is officially announced!

Fun game, lots of style and the story details were well written… I was sort of let down by the hackneyed ending (and reveals) if only because it doesn’t seem to gel in any way with the apparent homage of the title - the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche.

It would be interesting to see if the plot goes in a more unusual direction from there. So I partly share the esteem fans have for BG&E but Rayman 2 made a bigger impression on me overall I think.

That would make sense because as far as I know it was never supposed to be an homage. The game was originally titled “Between Good & Evil”, but it was later changed for marketing purposes.

The original remains one of my all-time favorites, but I’m not sure about the realistic approach seen in the recent artwork (and previous concept videos).

Well there you go I guess. Even without knowledge of the titular precedent it’s a kind of pretentious name for what, underneath the theme of deception and “propaganda” (fave song in the game), is ultimately a pretty standard morality play.

I agree the more realistic aesthetic isn’t quite working. Seen it many times though. Say what you will about Blizzard (and I have lots to say about them) but they’re one of the few devs who always manage to buck the creeping realism expectation and make players like it.

If anyone didn’t grab it in October, Beyond Good & Evil along with the other previously free Ubisoft games are available as a free bundle this weekend. The games are:

• Assassin’s Creed III
  • Rayman Origins
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • The Crew
  • Splinter Cell
  • Beyond: Good & Evil
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time