Next Xbox may be revealed in April... and Crimson Dragon?

examiner.com/article/xbox-72 … t-revealed

Maybe Crimson Dragon will be shown off at this event too. I hope so.

Interesting, I figured it’d be pretty soon after the PS4 announcement.

That’d be really nice is they showed off Crimson Dragon, if they did that’s higher chance for a potential launch title.

I’m totally expecting Crimson Dragon to be a launch title for the XBox720, it just wouldn’t make sense otherwise. In which case it’ll be interesting to see how much the game has changed since the demo…

Looks like this event has been moved to May the 21st.

gamespot.com/news/xbox-720-r … 21-6407476

[quote]Following the publication of this story, Microsoft confirmed that it will hold a press event on May 21 at the company’s headquarters in Redmond, Washington to “give you a real taste of the future.”

“On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment,” Microsoft said in a statement. “On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox Live and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.”

“On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future,” the statement goes on. “Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.”

“We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.”[/quote]

So, maybe Crimson Dragon for Xbox 720 will be announced at E3.

I honestly hope not. If Crimson Dragon is going to be only on the Xbox One, then I may never get a chance to play it because I refuse to buy that console.

Microsoft has to do what’s best for it’s upcoming console, but I (and many others) believe it’s destined to fail.

The current Kinect has already been abandoned by Microsoft, and Crimson Dragon was delayed at the point where it was essentially ready for release. I’d be very surprised if the game isn’t announced for Xbox One as one of Microsoft’s main Kinect 2.0 titles. If it is then I’ll probably end up buying the console. If it wasn’t for that, I’d have zero interest in the Xbox One though. Microsoft is making a ton of bad decisions. Their decision so far have been so bad that they’re basically free marketing for the PS4.

Agreed. If I ever do get the console, it will only be to play this game. I highly doubt I’d pay for the console just for one game though. If they released it for 360 and One, then I’d be okay with that, but of course, Microsoft has to back up it’s new console somehow.

Furthermore, I don’t feel comfortable with an ESP machine like the Xbox One in my apartment (sorry to go CT on you guys), but given that Microsoft has spied on it’s Xbox customers unknowingly ever since the first Xbox, I would never trust M$ with a console that requires a Kinect attached and an Xbox Live connection at all times and is “always on”. I don’t know a single person who actually wants one except one person, and darn near nobody in Japan liked Xbox from the start, so even if Microsoft is doing whats in it’s best interest for itself, the devs of Crimson Dragon might want to consider this…

unfortunately, The panzer Dragoon/Crimson Dragon series are condemned to have never any success…

The Xbox one sucks so more that nobody will buy it, me the first.

Causal gamers will probably still buy the Xbox One without investigating the console’s negative aspects. Unfortunately for Crimson Dragon, a lot of core gamers are saying they’re not going to buy an Xbox One. This is arguably Crimson Dragon’s target market.

I’m quite sure that most gamers won’t realize the negative aspects of owning an Xbox One to start off. Tbh, I can’t make any logical assumptions as to how much Microsoft fanboyism has grown or weakened over the years (I’ve been anti-Xbox since the 360 was announced), but I can guess it’s dropped significantly enough since Microsoft has pretty much stated that they don’t like their console to be considered a gaming console. Who in their right mind would use/buy it for anything else when a PC can easily do everything it can non-gaming wise without the need for a Kinect or Xbox live subscription?

I’ve already made the conscious decision not to get one of those consoles. I wouldn’t be surprised if Crimson Dragon would have sold better on the 360 after it’s release. I don’t believe it’s the CD dev’s fault, but I’m quite sure Microsoft is to blame.

I think the interface has something to do with it. Everything can be controlled with a simple wireless controller, and the UI is designed around that couch and living room experience too. Things are improving on PCs with Steam Big Picture mode, but you still can’t watch movies, play music, etc all from that same interface. I see it being similar to how people buy tablets, even though laptops have the same functionality and are less locked down.