Megapixel games to help develop Front Mission 1st

A slew of new games announced on the latest Nintendo Direct (including Live A Live remake using the apparently the same engine Octopath Travler does, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, a Chrono Cross remaster) included a remake of Front Mission, a game originally released on the SNES and then rereleased on the PSX with additional content (as Front Mission 1st, to be again ported to the NDS with even more content under the same title), to be released summer of this year and the second installment of Front Mission released later on (where have we heard this before?)

This plus the announced HotD remake which got delayed to spring of this year seems like the PD2Z remake seem like vaporware.

1 Like

Don’t worry, FE recently confirmed that Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake is still in development.

2 Likes

Front Mission 1st: Remake is a new remake of the 2003 PlayStation 1 game Front Mission 1st, which itself was a port of the 1995 Super Nintendo game Front Mission.

Has anyone here played any titles in the Front Mission series?

I’ve been playing through the Switch version. The models featured in the remake look quite sharp on the Switch Lite screen and is a clear technical improvement over the original. That said, I have not played any of the originals, so can’t provide a full comparison. The remake offers a modern and classic camera options. Using the modern system, the camera can rotated around the units on the map. It’s the same as Shining Force III’s camera; since the original Front Mission 1st still had a sprite based game world, it featured a fixed isometric perspective.

I’m only about a few missions in, but I’m enjoying it so far. If you’re a fan of turn based strategy games such as Shining Force and Fire Emblem, it’s a similar type of game. One difference is that, since you’re controlling mechs, different parts of the mech can take damage and be destroyed individually.