How long since you last played Saga?

Yeah, that doesn’t sound good at all… when the game crashed, did the screen simply go black? The first thing I’d do is make sure that the CD is totally clean, as if you managed to get to the title screen once that might suggest that there’s hope in that direction…

It doens’t crash.When it’s about to read the save game after 30 seconds max it goes back to the Saturn BIOS screen.I tried with a different save and agehn I got the same result.Damn this xmas to hell :frowning:

Thats happened to me before.
I suggest you check out your memory, sometimes some random files get in…it’ll look like screwed up text.

Then clean everything like HELL. Leave your Saturn for a while and that might work.
Worked for me I know that for sure.

Also, check the disc for scratches, gouges, etc. If you see any, then it’s time for a resurfacing.

When my Evil Dead 2 dvd got mussed up, I tried a disc repair kit. Ask at your favourite home electronics or department store. It was some towelettes soaked with funky chemicals, and some buffing cloths. It took three or four tries in my case, due to deep gouging, but it eventually worked.

So, you might want to give it a try. It’s only money, right?

What should I exactly ask for?How can the disc be fixed?What does the process actually do?

You should be able to ask for a “cd/dvd scratch repair kit.” The one I have is from Fellowes Inc., but other companies have got to make comparable products.

In my case, there are pairs of moistened towelettes. The first one does the scratch repairing. Don’t know how. Maybe it softens up the surface layer of plastic to be smoothed out. Maybe it lays down a new layer of stuff to fill in the scratch. Or maybe something else I haven’t thought of.

The second towelette claims to protect and prevent from further scratches. Don’t know if that’s true, either.

But you jsut put the cd between them and wait and then pick the cd up?!

It’s been over a years since I last played PDS. I am hungering to play through it again, so I’m hoping to start up a new game of it within the next couple of days.

played it last year… a bit.

It still doesnt match up tp the first time through though :anjou_sigh:

I cant believ such a great combat sytem has never been copied but then again so haven’t most of the best games. Playing a game like PDS, or SF3, or indeed landstalker for that matter and compaing it to most of the dross that comes out of the RPG genre on the console now, let alone on consoles generally is very depressing :anjou_sad:

Truely the Saturn was a wonderful console.

Well, 7 years, knocks every one elses “2 months” and “1 year” out of the water! (That was before i BLOODY sold my saturn!)

The battling aspect of Saga could have been harder - most of the battles were fairly easy.

Anyway, I don’t play it much at the moment (haven’t for about two months). I had a game blasting back then and I was getting my dragon trained quite well so that I could feel tough! But I just kinda stopped playing.

Dunno why, it’s not like I ever do anything anyway… :anjou_disappointment: