Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC

It’s coming to PC at last. Who here is planning to revisit Halo through this PC collection or use it to experience the games for the first time?

1 Like

Will revisit it as long as coop play is still available. Much more fun games when playing with friends.

1 Like

So it’s not a Play Anywhere title, which is disappointing.

It’s curious that this collection isn’t Play Anywhere, especially when you consider that both Halo Wars games are. My guess is that there are complications retroactively making releases Play Anywhere without a full re-release like Halo Wars Definitive Edition. e.g. from a marketing or licensing standpoint. It’s similar with other Microsoft releases such as Ori and the Blind Forest (only the upcoming sequel will be Play Anywhere).

I will probably pick this up on Steam regardless as it will be good to have some Halo games to tide me over until I’m ready to buy new hardware.

If there’s no Cross Play there will be problems!

Microsoft is planning to bring more of their titles to Steam after MCC, and to other digital stores on PC too:

In March, we announced that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will come to PC later this year, launching on Steam in addition to the Microsoft Store on Windows. We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions . We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice. We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/#x3olPeuR6HEiKF8i.99

Gears of War series please.

Halo Reach is now out on PC. It feels like there’s a lot of “at last”s in gaming at the moment.

Has anyone played it? I’m probably not going to, at least initially, mainly because I’ve already played through all six games on Xbox 360.

It took about five hours to download on Xbox One last night, so no I didn’t get to play it :anjou_sad:

As for the PC version specifically, I’m not sure if I’ll get it… Maybe when more of my friends do…

I played the first three levels of Reach on Xbone last night, really good port. Super sharp and super fluid. It really makes you appreciate the level of work gone into it, sure it’s just a remaster and not a full remake, but it plays perfectly and could’ve very easily been a shoddy port.

1 Like

Halo: Combat Evolved is now available on PC :anjou_love:

1 Like

The original looks way worse than I remembered, clearly just clumsily making the most of its old tech than going for any specific atmosphere or mood, but the remake looks decent all things considered (having to keep the exact original layout and such for the on the fly switching you can do).

There’s definitely some artifacting to sort out though, that might be only with the “enhanced graphics” option (which I’m not sure what all they do, on Reach they also enhanced LOD so it was best to leave them on for sure), I noticed it on humans first but it seems to be in my screenshot above too.

Now I’m just waiting for Nibre to release his awesome MCC mod already, phew :d

1 Like

This is old news. Halo: Combat Evolved has been available on PC since 2003. :wink:

1 Like

Think yer so smart dontcha!!

In all seriousness though, the Halo Anniversary remake included in MCC is leaps and bounds ahead of the original. I love remakes because they look just like how I remember them looking, whereas going back to the originals just ends in visual disappointment.

1 Like

So I see Halo 2 is out now. It’s the Halo game that I have the fondest memories playing :innocent:. Although it is remembered for it’s Xbox Live integration, personally I played split screen multiplayer the most (I remember Lockout being a favourite among the group I played with). We had some online tournaments in this community too.

I also have the fondest memories of Halo 2, although Halo 3 was a great time too. Modern FPS games seem to be a lot more balanced these days, and honestly that just makes them dull in my opinion. Halo 2/3 were so great because of the imbalance, and you had to use your skill / weapon spawn / map control to ensure you had the upper hand or overturn the status quo when you didn’t.

1 Like