Halo 2: $100million in 1 day? (No spoilers, or else)

xbox.ign.com/articles/564/564794 … ?fromint=1

Now that gives a whole new meaning to the term “hot off the press”.

I actually feel stupid saying it but more and more do I tend to like games a bit less if they are well known.

Not to say Halo 2 was done for the masses (in many ways it was) or without art-care but I can’t help it…

… I LOVE MY MOM.

She wakes me up this morning and her eyes have bags and she’s like HALO TWO and flashes it in my face and I’m like HELL YEA!

… okay. :anjou_love:

Wow… Your mom rocks! :smiley:

And Gehn, I honestly don’t understand that mentality. What does it matter that other people like the game? Just play it for yourself and judge the quality of the game on your own terms. Who cares what other people think?

I do judge the quality of the game by myself but like I said i find it stupid myself…It “steals” from the - the pleasure of beeing able to say “Halo 2” (example) is a great game.

To me it seems that Halo 2 is being picked on mainly because of the hype that’s been generated from it. I haven’t played it yet (my copy got posted to my home address by mistake :anjou_sad:), but from what I’ve seen/heard of it, it looks like it’s a quality title, even if it isn’t the greatest or most innovative FPS ever. Still, this proves that there are a lot of fans of the series out there.

Even if Halo 2 had been made for the PC from the ground up, I don’t see how that would make it any less of good game, dispite the fact that it would probably sell less because of Half-Life 2’s release looming around the corner.

Well, at least you admit it Gehn :wink: But, don’t let those things ruin a good experience for you. Just know that you enjoy it for your own reasons. Maybe it would help to think that everyone else likes the game because they bought the hype, but you, being a game expert, know what makes it good :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Abadd”]
And Gehn, I honestly don’t understand that mentality. What does it matter that other people like the game? Just play it for yourself and judge the quality of the game on your own terms. Who cares what other people think?[/quote]

Don’t you know? Gehn is totally nonconformist. As soon as something becomes popular, it must suck.

Unfortunately for Gehn, I’m so nonconformist, I’m not going to conform to his nonconformity and go with the crowd every once and awhile :wink:

I wont be able to get my copy due to some problems. ;_;

But I am sure I can be patient about it, I have been for a long while.

I’ve said it myself : it’s stupid.My conscience tells me not to think that way but I can’t help it sometimes…

I’m not exactly saying I don’t like the games in question it’s just they feel less special…

And Abadd that’s just it : I know I don’t KNOW more than the average Joe but sometimes in my mind I think I do :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s funny cause I was always talking about the “mainstreamness” with a friend sometime ago and I always telling him that it isn’t because Muse are well known now that I will stop liking their music.

He’s a progressive rock fan like me and our music reached the tops a long time ago (even tho Im not into early prog that much) and like we tend to consider the good stuff art , we just evaluate the rest by comparing to “our” bands’ quality…

That’s what happens with me as far as videogames are concerned.I made it my number one hobby (like someone who likes painting) and feel that sometimes it IS art, so the thought of videogames beeing made for the masses’ pleasures subconsciously irritates me a bit.

I’m thus I’m as fanboy as any other gamefaq’er :anjou_sad:

I got my copy today; currently playing in the first level. Maybe I’ll post some initial impressions later, now I’m too busy playing the game :slight_smile:

OH MY GOD IT’S SO GLORIOUS.

The party was last night.

halo 2 is selling crap actually, after 1 week it dropped out of the top 5 charts everywhere in the world, gta sa, need for speed underground and even fifa 2005, the madden games and pro evolution soccer 4 are outselling it(it hasn’t been released in japan yet but it will fail there too)

It’s not selling crap. It’s sold over 5 million copies in less than a month.