Greatest RPG moments

One of my favourite RPG moments is from Skies of Arcadia, so spoilers below:

When Vyse gets the Delphinus. He’s captured by the Valuan Empire and has seemingly lost both the red and the green moon crystals… until the prince of Valua not only helps them escape, but gives them his very own ship. Another great moment from that game is when Vyse is stranded on Cresent Island. The storyline seemed predictable up until just before that point, when his ship is ripped apart by the purple Gigas and all of his crewmembers are separated.

Knowing your powers of perception, you probably saw it coming a mile away.

If not KOTOR, then some event from Morrowind or the Shenmue games has to be your favourite. Do tell.

I think GameCube copies of this game are cheaper than the original Dreamcast game. Skies of Arcadia is still on my list of RPGs to buy, however.

I just bought a copy of Skies of Arcadia from Amazon.com for ?20. What a bargain! Now all I have to do is wait impatiently for it to arrive.

Maybe I’ll play NWN in the meantime.

Did anyone find the real time combat system with the ability to pause at any point during a fight in Knights of the Old Republic suitable?

BioWare and Black Isle Studios invented the combat system for the original Baldur’s Gate, and have since used it in a number of subsequent RPGs including Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale (developed by BIS) and Neverwinter Nights (developed by BioWare).

Here are those Torment screenshots I promised:

panzerdragoon.net/extra_imag … hot_01.jpg
panzerdragoon.net/extra_imag … hot_02.jpg
panzerdragoon.net/extra_imag … hot_03.jpg

They aren’t the best quality, but they will give you a nice picture of the game.

I thought it was a good combat system. It was a bit fumbley sometimes though.

You might not like it as much as other games, as it’s a traditional console RPG, but it’s certainly worth playing. Definately one of my favourite RPGs.

From what I’ve read about the game I’m sure it will exceed my expectations. I’ve loved PC and consoles RPGs equally so in the past. I assume it’s better than the god-aweful yet somehow popular Final Fantasy 7 (you know: “the best RPG of all time”)? I never get tired of writing that. :slight_smile:

Well, you shall find out for yourself soon enough. I must say that the ship to ship battle system adds an interesting twist to the standard turn-based combat system.

My greatest RPG moment==> Panzer Dragoon Saga==> The first time when you enter Uru under the orange light falling from the heavens on your dragon as if the gods were in your favor smiling on you, the music the serenity of your dragons flight movements, the way he’s just gliding through the air, the picture was like RPG heaven to me It just hypnotized me.

Yeah, Uru was just damn beautiful. The music, the lighting, atmosphere… shiver

One thing I noticed about Skies of Arcadia was that the music in the overworld map (the free-roaming ship areas) changes slightly in the event of an important accomplishment. This was particularly noticeable to me because every time you found a new companion as Rhys in Phantasy Star 3, the music was updated with a few more concurrent notes.