Got Panzer Dragoon Saga running in the Retroarch Emulator!

Also, in the RetroArch menu/online updater, be sure to update all cores, because the Kronos core just got a recent update that fixes the missing text in all the documents and books you get in Saga.

1 Like

With RetroArch Kronos, the graphical artifacts are only at the Excavation site and one part at the end of the game inside Sestren where the background is slightly glitched. Nothing that is game breaking though. As for the sound I’m not sure how to improve it but my experience wasn’t too bad. If it’s only the Garil Desert I would play past that and see how the rest of the game sounds.

I don’t remember the sound being that bad in my playthrough.

1 Like

Ok! I’ll give it a shot with Kronos. Also, have you tried the standalone SSF? It’s supposed to be able to upscale PDS.

I haven’t used SSF. Seemed to me like it was even less user friendly then RetroArch and standalone Yabause. But if anyone can comment on that, please let us know.

1 Like

A lot of praise for the new Odin Pro emulator

Sounds like Saturn might be hit or miss though …

My dirty Panzer secret- I have not played Panzer Saga (beyond the first hour or so) since it came out (1998!) I check it working one emulation, and watched a lot of lets play videos, but haven’t played it again since it was new. I’d love to play it one one of these handhelds in bed before going to sleep, like reading a book …

1 Like

although if it is using Yaba Sanshiro, it should look like this …