Gold Dragon vs. Black Dragon

There’s some things in Lundi’s theory I gravitate to, the relationship between Sestren and the Dragon is so deliberately mysterious, and their reunion has that almost preordained cast to it. I’ve always felt there’s a story there we couldn’t possibly know, so I never really tried to look for it however.

I can’t even decide if I object to the theory as sounding like The Matrix, or if that actually makes it more compelling… because that story could very easily have taken some inspiration from Panzer Dragoon anyway. Still, it’s more in line with my initial take on things than perhaps the more recent personal revision, in that I used to view the dragon more like a recessive gene in the core system.

Chizzles, the voice of Azel seems to be a message left by her for Orta, hence her voice.

As for Abadd, the Ancients clearly engineered rigid protocols for their living creations, and the drones have been depicted as particularly specialized and controlled usually. Just because Abadd could create the dragonmares - which seem like hybrids rather than normal pure-types anyway - doesn’t mean he had any way to access the level of technology that could make more drones. But Orta already had the genetic key for reproduction, I think that’s what Abadd was after…

I think the battle with him inside Sestren represents his attempt to force her into a place where he could access that genetic key. Perhaps he also used her to reach security levels he himself could not.

When I say Sestren used Azels voice, I mean it quite litterally uses her voice…
When it plays the messages like “Transferring data to the memory cell” etc it is using a voice that sounds exactly the same as the voice in the recorded message.

I doubt Azel would record an entire sound set for the system after recording her one message for Orta.

"You were created from her genes and
the human’s gene data within Sestren.

Once your body is mine,
I shall be able to reproduce myself infinitely!

Don’t come any closer!

Do not resist…
We Drones shall inherit this world!"***

And what would Abadd be able to do with Orta’s genetic code for reproduction, and why did he need to Orta’s body to get it?
If he is not capable of making drones due to some kind of programming, even if he had the genetic code he wouldn’t be able to do anything with it.

You can get genetic code from a hair, saliva, anything… no reason to need her entire body if that was all he wanted.
I was always under the impression that Abadd intended to download his consciousness into Orta or something along those lines.
It doesn’t really sound like he is looking for a hair sample.

And even if he did somehow manage to use Orta to create a new race of drones, it still doesn’t explain how that will help him complete his mission. If he thought he could fulfill the will of his masters by creating a race of drones… how can it be his masters will if he was intentionally programmed to be incapable of creating drones?

Another interesting thing regarding the Dragon that appears in the text files for the game after the encounter with the gold dragon, unused dialogue in the game (taken from the main site):

***(Was that… your memories?)

(Did you come from… here?)***

While it asks this as a question, and is evidently supposed to be what Orta is thinking…
I think that the writer wanted to strongly suggest that the Dragon was talking to Lagi.

Another problem as you suggested, when trying to discuss the story of Panzer Dragoon, is translation. Since odd lines of text get changed here and there that while minor, can vary their meaning quite a bit. :anjou_sad:

Anyway, my initial problem with Orta is it appears that there is a chunk of story missing in the first cut scenes during Orta’s break-out.