Gash's Identity Theory

Yeah I’m not so sure about that either actually, but I thought in the seeker village there is a scene where gash lifts his mask and let’s edge see what’s under it. I don’t have a savegame here to veryfy it, can someone please check it?

I still think that the term “shadow eye” actually means he lost his eye, I’ll try to ask Futatsugi-san next time.

He does lift the mask but the player never sees what’s under it, we only see Edge’s reaction to what he saw. Unless you mean that in that video he explains he was tortured. I’m fairly sure that at some point in the game it is mentioned that Gash’s mask hides some sort of wound though…

yeah i mean that scene, does he say he’s been tortured? I should check what he says in japanese, since this is an FMV i could check it without a savegame actually :anjou_happy:

Isn’t the mask covering a gash or is it just coincidence?

Hah, yeah really. That’s where I thought the creator’s got the name from. :anjou_happy: I think it’s possible that the Empire tortured him…cut off his arm, cut out his eye…but then, why wouldn’t they just kill him? A monster attack makes more sense to me. Especially seeing how nasty that sucker was in the opening cinematic at the excavation site.

Gash’s arm sure does resemble Abadd’s. But what about his opposite arm.

I dont feckin know. Maybe he’s a drone, maybe he’s a mutant. Maybe he’s the apprentice of batman. :anjou_angry:

I agree, there is no doubt in my mind that Gash is the apprentice of batman. Whomever thinks otherwise will have the right side of their face melted off!

well maybe he could escape the empire? and maybe the empire knew he knew too much information to justkill him. maybe they tortured him a long time…