GamesTM magazine with Panzer Dragoon feature on sale now!

gamestm.co.uk/pm/9

Hope you all find it interesting. If you don’t want to buy the issue, it should be put on GamesTM’s online retro section in about 4 months.

I haven’t read it yet, and my sub is likely to take another 4 weeks, so I cannot comment on how they edited it or what kind of screens they used.

My final draft included links to this website, and as far as Im aware it was left intact.

Thank you for any feedback, I will do my best to try and log back in here at a later date. Apologies if anyone asks a question and I fail to answer.

I would totally buy that if I lived in England.

I’ll be getting it, I know a bookstore that has plenty of british magazines in stock, so with luck that should be one of them.

Nice one, i’ll buy it tomrrow if i see it, then afterwards check your PMs :wink:

I’ll have to see if I can get hold of a copy somehow.

Picked it up today.

Nice little read. Here some scans for you all…

Scan 1

Scan 2

Scan 3

Scan 4

Scan 5

Scan 6

Umm, just post the links, the images are breaking the forum :slight_smile:
Edit: thanks :wink:

Looks great, I’m going to get myself a copy tommorrow. :anjou_happy:

Les Mondes Engloutis…classic? Anyone even heard of this?

Greetings

Good work scanning it! Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. :wink:

Also, let me apologise. I originally wrote Herbert/Lynch in my first draft, and the editors went and changed it to James Herbert when referencing the Dune book. As any Dune fan can attest to, it was FRANK Herbert. So again sorry for the error, it was not my doing. :anjou_angry:

Anyway, Les Mondes Egloutis is known in the West as “Spartakus And The Sun Beneath The Sea” I believe. It was an animated French series from my youth, which has several “loose” similarities with Panzer Dragoon. I remember it very fondly anyway, and the similarities are worth noting. It may even worth a short essay by someone.

A google image search should bring up info.

dvdfurax.com/films/img/niouz … _image.jpg

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the article, if you check you will find a link to this site in the boxout.

Btw, the PD Saga article was done by my personal editor (not the one who changed the text, he was on leave at the time), and Im sure you’ll agree its rather good as well. :anjou_happy:

That French thing looks pretty cool, I especially like the artwork on the first box, it seems it gets more and more cartoony in the next ones, probably to appeal to more people and get more sales… Great first cover though, love it.

I did my part by going into WH Smiths and reading the 6 page article :slight_smile:
Nice to see a linkt he the site included!

The artwork from this article looks strikingly similar to the WOTA site artwork, Solo. Looks like they were maybe influenced by this site.

Les Mondes Egloutis. Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea. Awesome cartoon.

So is there anyway I can buy this magazine online?

I finally got around to reading it. Thanks for scanning that Team Andromeda… I wouldn’t have been able to get an actual hardcopy of magazine very easily, so that was a big help.

Not a bad article. Although like legaiaflame pointed out, that pattern does look strangely familiar. O.o

I might post something on the main page later on, so that people who don’t read the forums can check it out.

I picked the mag up the day after it came out, and I thought the article was very nicely written: it struck a good balance between sounding interesting and being informative, and avoided the very vague or waffley feel of other PD articles I’ve seen. Good stuff, and I’m glad that scan I did turned out to be useful after all. :anjou_happy:

Upon opening the magazine I was slightly surprised to see that too. I assumed that whoever did the graphic design for the article must have thought panzerdragoon.net was an official site and “utilised” the page design accordingly…

Sue them and earn millions of dollars to then pass on to Sega as funds for a new Panzer Dragoon game :anjou_love:

Lol!Exactly what I was going to say!

LOL :anjou_happy:

you should tell them about using your images though, even just to scare them a bit :slight_smile: