Finally played Orta!

In a nutshell, good, with two exceptions:

1. The boss battles were insanely long compared to Eins and Zwei

2. Abadd’s homing laser raped me until Atolm (on this board) enlightened me to the counter method, which is unique in PD history.

Those battles were long…but Abadd never raped me.

Why havn’t you played it before? I made sure to get it the day it came out 0__o

Abadd’s homing lasers sent me to Game Over land over and over again for about three quarters of an hour before I worked out what I was meant to do, giving me a good idea what the average computer game enemy must feel like after a hard day’s getting killed by something much cheesier than itself. So yeah, you’re not alone on that one Arc. :frowning:

BTW, what did you think of the atmosphere / artistic style of the game in comparison to the old ones? That seems to be the most controversial factor…

I plead not guilty to all charges, Your Honor.

You don’t sound too impressed tbh. Unless you are so excited you can’t type.

I was on the recieving end of the following at time of writing:

21 hours of being awake
Jet lag
An allergic reaction to a sneaky cat…
Hayfever
A cough

So, sorry if I didn’t sound impressed ^^

About time that you played that ancient game. When was it released? Early 2003? That is so two years ago. “How about a Titanic joke or two, while we’re hitting these things at the peak of their popularity?”

:wink:

[quote=“Arcie”]I was on the recieving end of the following at time of writing:

21 hours of being awake
Jet lag
An allergic reaction to a sneaky cat…
Hayfever
A cough

So, sorry if I didn’t sound impressed ^^[/quote]

Don’t excuse yourself.Were you?Impressed?

I was impressed with the creature designs and stuff, but I wasn’t blown away by the game. Maybe I’m just immune to cool graphics.

Oh, and Mobo is a bit of a twit, isn’t he?

I, frankly, happened to like the gigantic thing that mobo lived on rather than he… I just didn’t like him…lol

Well, I’m glad you finally got to play it Arcie, even if you only thought it was an alright game.

The wormriders were pretty cool in my opinion. I wish we’d actually been able to explore their village. I liked the way that the developers took existing Panzer Dragoon elements and looked at them from a different perspective. Maybe humans and monsters could live together, to an extent, after all? I find that angle of the storyline quite interesting.

For (probably) the last game in the series, it’s a shame that Orta was moreo f a fizzle than a bang.

What sucks is now a lot of games have some simple “open world” elements to them, even sports titles.

It would have been great if there was some simple small worlds to explore (talk to a few NPCs, buy a few upgrades, then shift back to shooter) that would have just developed the world a bit more. It could have turned a C+ game into an A.

[quote=“Arcie”]
2) Abadd’s homing laser raped me until Atolm (on this board) enlightened me to the counter method, which is unique in PD history.[/quote]

She’s been on at me a bit to point this out… :slight_smile:

When I said Atolm enlightened me to the counter method, I didn’t mean over the Internet. She was actually sitting approx 3 feet to my left at that point. That’s why I was playing it, I was on holiday with Atolm and her crew! :slight_smile:

Just thought it’d be an interesting tidbit. So, i think, so far: me, Atolm, KFC, SK and Abadd have met other people from the forum. ^^

I’ve met 3 so far…

You’ve met Rune Lai as well, haven’t you?

Arcie: So what’s California like? It must’ve been pretty cool going to visit someone from these forums.

So far the only person I’ve met in person on these forums is Hervard, and I don’t know if that counts since I knew him before he invaded here >:)

Nope, haven’t met Rune Lai. Dunno why you thought that!

I’ll post some PD-related highlights from my LJ when I’ve written the whole thing up.

Abadd: who?

Haha… Arcie, look who he quoted. I’ve met LC, SK, and Rune Lai. Next time I’m in London, if I’ve got a free evening, I’ll try and see who I can meet out there :slight_smile:

Yep, I’ve met Abadd. He’s the only one.

I generally end up doing my meet-and-greets at E3. So if anyone besides Abadd heads over there next year…

Lots and lots and lots of culture shock. =)

Although when we did pass by Sega of America in San Fran I started to sceeam, “SEGA! SEGA! SEGA!”

resumes lurking