Fight for justice on IMDB

I have official proof the imdb user voting system sucks. Check out Panzer Dragoon Saga’s score on IMDB. I’ll save the shock for you.

imdb.com/title/tt0388320/

Who goes there to vote for games? It only has 13 votes which don’t mean much so ignore it. Hell, you should ignore it even if it had 13000 votes. Also, I would say the users suck, not the voting system itself as it appears to work as intended, letting users rate products.

It doesn’t bother me that much its just annoying that 12 votes of 10 can be destroyed by 1 vote. It just seems a little extreme.

Wow, that is a pretty stupid system.

Notice how every single one of those four spoil sports offsetting the ten or so perfect scores are all middle-aged American men. Probably either people who hate games in general, those who proclaim the superiority of the “glory days” of Pong, FF VII fans, or super macho types who think “thinking” involves figuring out which gun to use to blow away that bad guy in Doom.

Edit: My math is probably wrong, but you get the idea.

[quote=“dragoon lover”]Notice how every single one of those four spoil sports offsetting the ten or so perfect scores are all middle-aged American men. Probably either people who hate games in general, those who proclaim the superiority of the “glory days” of Pong, FF VII fans, or super macho types who think “thinking” involves figuring out which gun to use to blow away that bad guy in Doom.

Edit: My math is probably wrong, but you get the idea.[/quote]

FF VII is truly rubbish though!

lol mid-life crisis cruising round IMDB annoying people.

The score friggin dropped! I know its petty but if you really do love this game get an imdb account and vote 10 (or whatever you think it deserves) for PDS. I have used IMDB to decide whether or not I watch a film in the past and I don’t want gamers going on the PDS IMDB, seeing that terrible score and miss the opportunity to play the greatest game ever made.

It’s called the Internet movie database for a reason. If people want relevant views on video game titles, they’ll go to places like 1-up, gamespot, gamefaqs or a paper magazine for guidance rather than go to IMDB.

O RLY?

If I want advice on game soundtracks, I’ll always use the reviews and forums over at Chudahs Corner because they’re descriptive, well written and done by enthusiasts. Failing that, I’d base it on the composers past works, or if I’ve heard the music already in a game :slight_smile:

What?