Fantastic planet

this is one of if not my favorite film ever. it’s a french animated sci-fi story rife with allegories and psychadelic visuals.

read a review --------> scifi.com/sfw/issue105/classic.html

I read the review, that movie sounds really good. They said the animation was well, done. What was your take on it however, i’m curious after having reading that it was just paper cut outs on a background?

I have to go find that movie sometime.

[quote=“Felix”]I read the review, that movie sounds really good. They said the animation was well, done. What was your take on it however, i’m curious after having reading that it was just paper cut outs on a background?

I have to go find that movie sometime.[/quote]

you just want my opinion on the animation? it was done by the guy that did the little animation segments from monty python, but it doesn’t look like that. the active frames do not stick out so much as blatantly cut out pieces of paper the it does in say, south park. i liked the visual style very much; it in conjunction with the interesting visual designs made for a movie where i rationed the blinks of my eye to make sure i didn’t miss anything.

the really interesting part is to interpret each event as a metaphor because everyone seems to come up with something else.

The review didn’t go into too much detail on how the frames looked per say, I was just wondering how they popped out exactly on the picture from someone who has watched it.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Mega.

it was based on a book of which i am now trying to track down. i’ll let you know how that goes. i’m also trying to track down the soundtrack. you see, everything in the movie was just great :anjou_happy:

i was able to get it at my local rental place (in the special interest/foreign films section) so it can’t be that rare.

Is that that cartoon that Jennifer Lopez (I hope I spelled that right) was watching in The Cell? Cause it showed a couple of clips and it really confused the hell out of me.

a few of my friends did comment on that. i did not remember the cell well enough to recall that part but supposedly it does show a segment where the aliens are making two humans fight eachother (the way japanese youth fight with their pokemons).

Rofl.

The plural of Pokemon is Pokemon. The plural of any individual monster, Pikachu for example, is the same as the singular. Examples: There is a Pikachu. There are five Pikachus.

kthxbyeIknowwaytoomuch.

[quote=“Arcie”]The plural of Pokemon is Pokemon. The plural of any individual monster, Pikachu for example, is the same as the singular. Examples: There is a Pikachu. There are five Pikachus.

kthxbyeIknowwaytoomuch.[/quote]

If you want to get technical, you should be spelling it Pok?mon.

i normally recognize that the japanese language does not employ any suffix to denote plurality, but in the case of the ickle godforsaken pokemons i’ll make an acception. besides, sometimes it is better to feign ignorance to certain details unless you are alright with being known to have substantial interest in pokemon or grammatical cases of foreign languages.

Since I guess this topic sort of drifted away to grammar, except…not accept. Just thought I’d let you know that :stuck_out_tongue: You have a point with the substantial interest in pok?mon thing, I’ve forgotten everything I knew about it, but I think I still remember too much. :anjou_happy:

who’s side are you on!? :anjou_angry:

I guess I’m on you’re side but you used accept instead of except so I felt I had to…The power of the sadist cabbage compels me :anjou_wow:

And you used “you’re” instead of “your” :anjou_sigh:
Funny, I think that’s the first time I see this mistake done like that… Usually people just use “your” instead of “you’re”…

So I have…NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… It’s sort of funny since I put that in a post that was talking about Mega using the wrong word lol.

deleted

Da Grammar Krew Strikes Again!!

did you really see it? i don’t know what you would find so scary ([size=9]aside from the kinky fetish wear that the traag’s wear so casually… but some of the traag woman were pretty tempting, if i may be so uninhibited[/size]).

Don’t you mean “There are five Pikachu”, if the plural is the same as the singular?

:anjou_happy: