Famitsu reports NIGHTS for REV rumour

Famitsu’s rumour section mentions that a possible sequel to NIGHTS will be heading to the REV. While it has been confirmed that Sega has several REV games lined up to be previewed in the UK’s long going Nintendo official Magazine this is the first time besides SONIC REV that a rev title from Sega has been named of course depending if this is true or not. But many may think it is considering the magazine spouting the rumour.

make sense if you take the controller into consideration. NIGHTS had a specific controller for the game when it first come out and the REV is the only system with an already available unique controller that a game like NIGHTS may expliot.

gonintendo.com/?p=2130

Well all controllers now feature analog stick so that isn’t a problem.Of course if this is true it’s great news.It would be even greater news if it came out on a system I’m likely to purchase (namely X360).

CVG report that Famitsu actually writes it’s not by Sega itself but from a member that recently left Sega and that it features a flying evil spirit that looks sort of like a… parrot…

They assume that it’s Yuji Naka cos of the above and that a game could be Nights because it also featured an evil flying spirit that looked like a parrot if you… squinted a lot.

A) I don’t recall an evil spirit and B) I think we’d have heard if Naka had left the company for real in the end.

computerandvideogames.com/ne … ?id=137815

Of course if it’s true I’m glad they are attempting in on the Revolution since it will allow them to make it unique and not just more of the same following the exact same formula.

The rumour section in Famitsu is often used for reporting stuff that the publisher doesn’t want to be ‘confirmed’ yet, so there is a pretty good chance in my opinion that this is true, just that Famitsu have been asked not to say it’s official just yet.
But even if it is bull’, if enough hype is created, maybe Sega might consider it at some stage.

If I’m not mistaken, originally Sega were going to have a wireless pad for NiGHTS that you could move around like the Rev’s controller. Motion sensing and all that. It was why the cable detached from the analogue pad. I think I read this in SSM, in an interview with Naka. Not sure though, was a long time ago.

[quote=“Grumbler”]The rumour section in Famitsu is often used for reporting stuff that the publisher doesn’t want to be ‘confirmed’ yet, so there is a pretty good chance in my opinion that this is true, just that Famitsu have been asked not to say it’s official just yet.
But even if it is bull’, if enough hype is created, maybe Sega might consider it at some stage.[/quote]

They also mentioned that SHINING FORCE 4,SHINING SOUL DS and a repackaged cheap version of NEO was coming out in the rumour section. looks like sega may have more than a few suprises this year after all.

Yeah and it was going to be inthe shape of NiGHTS too :slight_smile: . Would have been pretty cool . Have to say the REV is sort of made for this game, thanks to it’s controler.
While I never want to see a NiGHTS II (the 1st one was so perfect). A NiGHTS II would at least shut up all the haters .

But I’ll rather see a Burning RangersII, LIVE multi player myself

I’m up for BURNING RANGERS but i have a horrible feeling that i know exactly what the other REV titles may be. SPACE CHANNEL 5 another SONIC RIDERS and another title based on a Sonic Team now Sega Studios title.