Evil Dead: Regeneration

Finally!

This is the Evil Dead game that fans of the series have been waiting for! (Or, at the very least, it’s MUCH MUCH better than the first two misguided efforts that were placed at our feet in years gone by.)

Granted, it’s not the greatest game ever made, but, it’s EXCEPTIONALLY competent in all areas.

The graphics are on par with any average to above average 3D action title in this generation of software.

The gameplay is fluid, and the targeting system works well.

It has some really nice cut scenes, writing, and acting. (By the man Bruce Campbell, as well as the brilliant Ted Raimi.)

And, of course, a $20 price point. Beautiful work THQ.

At the end of the day, it’s totally passable, and so far, it’s really really fun. Though, I’d recommend that you check out the source material before playing…otherwise, you may find yourself asking who the one handed schmo in the blue shirt is.

Without a doubt, I’ll be playing all the way through this one in the days to come.

I’ll give it a 7/10 as a game on it’s own merits, and an 8/10 for hardcore Ash fans.

So, yeah, between watching the Revolution controller and MGS4 trailers four-hundred freaking times in the past 24 hours…

…has anybody had a chance to check this game out?

I played the first Evil Dead game for Dreamcast.
It made me want to cry.

Woo hah, day 6 and I’m still vastly enjoying this game. (Trying to keep from finishing it too fast.)

Nothing more satisfying than sending a deadite flying skyward with a chainsaw, and juggling them in the air with a few well placed shotgun blasts. (That’s right fancypants, you heard me, Ash is cooler than Dante any day of the week.)