Edge says Sega may have an intresting year

Been trying out Metal Slug Advance and Advance Guardian Heroes. Both are EXCELLENT games worth picking up.

Advance Guardian Heroes is a lot different than the original sadly but it’s still a fun game worth your time. The story is a continuation of the first game’s story kind of with some interesting plot twists. The biggest gameplay different is how easy you can pull of moves and the fact the “jumping” between “planes” is now gone and replaced with regular walking. Pressing up on the dpad causes you to move up on the screen (in the background), there are no 3 set planes, it’s all free moving area… Overall it’s a fun game that looks and plays good even tho it has a LOT of slowdown.

Metal Slug Advance is just as fun, they seem to have added some role playing aspects to it as well but I’m not certain yet since I only played it briefly. It certainly looks better than I expected and doesn’t seem to have the slowdown of AGH.

Though if you are a fan of the TBS genre I’d get FE before these they are also well worth your time :slight_smile:

I know there’s a new Zelda game out as well and Kingdom Hearts looks pretty good too :slight_smile:

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]I really wish that Yoshitaka Tamaki (who works for Amusement Vision now) was given the job of drawing the main character designs in Shining Tears and/or the new Shining Force game since I loved his character designs in the original two Shining games (for the Mega Drive/Genesis).
[/quote]

Maybe he’ll do the designs for the next SF game if this rumour of the next game being a stragey.

I’m not bothered about TEARS as all SHINING(That is n’t Force) games had a different art style as well as different play systems. The actual SHINING FORCE series is more of an issue because it’s a continuation of a certain title which has always had the same system.

Because Sega has gone third party and are pandering to the mainstream I do expect a lot more RPGS from them then they did before. This is good as I think Sega makes some of the best RPGS in recent memory but never
embraced the genre as they should have done.