Don't forget NiGHTS!

Its not bullshit , you said tech doesn’t make a Difference I just pointed out otherwise. Oh and Unlike the Wii , which is under powered to its rivals in every area. The Saturn had a more powerful CPU, Better 2D hardware and more RAM So no its wasn’t the weakest machine in some key area’s .
And you want 3D ?.
Come back to me with a PS sports game that looks anywhere near as good as Decathlete , running at 60 fps @ 704X480 because you can’t , and Virtual Cop Is a near enough perfect port of the Model 2 game , showing the Saturn could more than cope with 3D when used right
While you’re a Snes game that had better polygons than the Mega Drive , bless than humble Snes it couldn’t even handle Jimmy White’s snooker
Some say iThe Saturn Duals CPU’s were hard to program for and its GPU weaker , they again that what some say about the PS3

So no the Saturn and Mega Drive wasn’t weaker in all Area’s , I think you’ll find

Oh Dear GOD , Graphics like CGI are just a tool , that when used right adds to the experience, but if the game isn’t any good or the film isn’t any good it really doesn’t matter .
May I suggest you try owning a Next gen console , and come back to me that while Drakes II might have some of the best graphics ever seen, its doesn’t have gameplay , it isn’t all about the game ?
You’re having a laugh , there’s plenty of games just are using tech to improve the gameplay experience for the player .

You see having a console with weak specs or non HD support , doesn’t make games automatically better either . its all up to the skill of the developer

You see this is where you fall down all the time, You say tech isn’t important, only to then bang on about your wonderfully PC . Why do you need a PC that’s got better spec that a 360 ?
To surf the web ?, to write documents ?, to play games , Work ? Anyway you answer will prove one thing . tech is always improving and moving forward and even if you just want to surf the web , you need a pretty decent PC these days .

Now I have a decent Dual Core 3 Ghz , 5 gig , Direct X 11 PC . In many area’s better than the 360 , but I’m not a PC gamer , more of a console gamer .
PC will never offer the easy of use , or long life of a console
Where its doesn’t matter if you bought the console at the end of the its life , or at the start, all games will look and run exactly the same , nor matter when you bought the console during its life .

LOL , Firms weren’t going bust in the 8 it , 16 bit or 32 bit days ? , the like of Crawfish not going bust even though all they made was GBA games ? . It always happened and always will happen .
And its not like Studios don’t have flops on the Non HD console , How well did Sin and Punishment II sell on the Wii (a 360 cave shooter can sell better) , How well did Okami sell onthe Wii, How well did MadWord sell on the Wii ? . In fact it seems to me , most 3rd parties do better on the PS3 or 360 , hence why they support it more .

Has opposed to saying tech doesn’t matter , but look at my lovely PC .
Christ you’re all over the shop . Give it a rest .
A PC isn’t a console , a console isn’t a PC and there’s a reason for that .

Yes ,shame its lost so much of its charm with the downgrad

Forgotten unless you play the likes of PGR 4, MW II, Sega Rally , Motor Storm II, Forza III , HALO III, GOW

LOL its called progress , Just like you had to buy a new TV if you wanted Nicam sound , teletext ECT.
Maybe you need go out in the shops more , you may find people with out any console buying LCD’s , and that they’re aren’t really expense these days
Oh and you can play all 360 game in standard def too , if you’ve only got a CRT.

And you want hypocrisy ? Every NCl advert I see , every E3 show or Trade show I see NCL at , all show Wii’s being played on lovely flat screen panels.

Says it all

For what it’s worth, I’ve never forgotten about NiGHTS. In fact, I just looked out the “Another Dream” remix album I bought about 8yrs ago (at the same time as PDS memorial) to finally make mp3s of it.

Truly a magical game. They don’t make them like that anymore.

Magical really is the best way to describe NiGHTS, I think. Since Journey of Dreams came out I’ve been able to boost my merchandise collection. So now I have the PS2 release with the storybook, the 3-disc perfect album, and the 3-disc JoD OST. (Although I have yet to actually PLAY JoD and from what I’ve heard it was pretty terrible.)

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

Sorry, we kind of high-jacked your topic.

Nonetheless, my points were in response to something which I feel needs clearing up. I can split the topic if you feel strongly that it needs to be.[/quote]

I don’t really care, I was just confused as to the direction things went?

JoD wasn’t that bad. I rather enjoyed it.

Although I’m nervous about this whole racing thing. What does Sonic need with a car?

I found the gameplay sections of Journey of Dreams rather fun, for the most part. It did deviate from the NiGHTS formula in many ways, but the signature 2D gameplay from the original remains in tact for a large part of the game.

It’s a bit like the Sonic Adventure games. There are some must play parts (the Sonic stages) and others where it would be no great loss if they were excluded (Big the Cat, for example).

When did Sonic need a car fifteen years ago in Sonic Drift? The game is just supposed to be fun while showcasing beloved Sega characters. And NiGHTS is really second only to Sonic when it comes to mascot potential.

I imagine that I’ll get JoD at some point but I’m waiting for the Wii to drop to $100 or so before I bother to buy one? I have too many consoles as it is.

If anyone is actually interested in the campaign watch this: http://vimeo.com/7714707)

IMPORTANT REVELATION from NiD admins TRiPPY and DiGi Valentine. They are waging to burn all of their merchandise (A LOT) if NiGHTS is actually playable in the game which ships - they are that certain that NiGHTS is getting the short end of the stick from Sega. HARDCORE STAKES.

I’d love to see the look on those admin’s faces if Sega manage to sneak Nights into the game :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t bought a Sega game since Outrun 2 came out on Xbox, so I hope ASR turns out to be a fun game. The level of fan service from Sumo Digital in terms of unlockable music and classic characters sounds fantastic so far. Seeing Ryo Hazuki driving a forklift truck made me smile :slight_smile:

Regarding DLC: I’ve never payed for it and never will. Game content that is purposefully stripped from the main game and reserved for future payable DLC is bloody cheeky. Look at the recent release of Dragon Age, a DLC expansion was available to buy on the same day! It makes me wonder if Capcom are doing the same thing with Super Street Fighter IV.

I hope Sega aren’t holding back any content from the retail release and if Nights and Toejam & Earl do appear as DLC they should be free. Fans should not be exploited.