Do the tunnels in Uru even connect right or a limitation of the Saturn?

I’ve never really thought of this until now but I don’t think the Uru tunnels connect right. If you look at them from the outside they connect into the cliff face above ground and it’s a straight path. Now when you enter and go inside you are underwater. As you can clearly see out the sides as the sea life swims around you.

I mean you could just say when Edge and the dragon enter they just fly underground and proceed through the underwater path. But, as you enter if you turn around and leave through the entrance you came in from, you can clearly see it opens up back outside right where you came in. So, there is no indication Edge and the dragon went underwater…Probably just a limitation of the Saturn.

Just watch at 03:16 as you line up the tunnel to the cliff. Then when you enter at 09:06. There was no indication that they went under the water…

1 Like

I guess it’s like they forgot an extra step that would submerge the tunnels after rotation to align the gates.

Yeah, that is strange. Someone forgot about something there…

Yesterday I made this diagram to try and explain how I’ve always understood this area.

I see Uru North as raised basin, either natural or man-made, fully surrounded by a mountain range.

The one thing I can’t recall is if it’s explained or hinted at somewhere in the game as to why the dragon cannot simply fly above the mountains, and instead needs to take the tunnel.
Is it something akin to a forcefield surrounding the basin?
Or perhaps the mountain range is denser, and the path to this area isn’t as straightforward as it seems?

2 Likes

I just got done playing through Uru again yesterday! That’s an awesome diagram! The dragon should in fact be able to fly over that. I don’t think Team Andromeda thought this through when they made these tunnels. Maybe there is some kind of security system at the top of the basin or dam? So they couldn’t fly over it?

Another issue is, you have to also remember that a city once existed in lower Uru and is now underwater, so is that really a dam? Because the water level rose despite the dam being there. Anju even states that a great city once existed there and is now underwater.

Going by that diagram all Team Andromeda had to do was, once you get to Uru North if you looked behind you just put a rock wall that surrounds part of the background, but they didn’t, so they obviously didn’t think this out.