Did Lagi know that the Sky Rider would die?

According to Panzer Dragoon Zwei’s True Ending, Lagi shows Lundi a vision of the future. I had assumed that this was simply a vision of the the dragon’s goals (it shows the Tower of Uru, for example), however there is also a flash of the Sky Rider being shot.

If the Sky Rider was indeed a drone prepared for the dragon in the Ancient Age, and Lagi knew that he was going to die, this raises some questions. Was the vision a possible future, or something that was unpreventable… his destiny? Did Lagi consider the Sky Rider’s death a necessary evil?

Was the Sky Rider’s life a sacrifice that Lagi knew about all along?

You know, once I even start to think about things like that, I have to be even more abstract about it. And I basically subscribe to the notion that any sort of temporal looping must represent only one of many paths. But in the case of our dragon(s), I don’t think knowledge of the future is quite the way to consider it, I prefer to think of this entity as remembering a future. And just because it hasn’t happened yet, doesn’t mean an entity that may not be unidirectional in it’s time travel can change it’s memories any more easily than we could…

Perhaps the Sky Rider served a role as well, but the Dragon is ultimately also a servant of it’s rider, so the Sky Riders’ fate was always in it’s own hands. That’s the way I see it anyway.

Well, there is always that possibility that the editor of the FMV’s just stuck the FMV footage in to illustrate that the dragon was showing him the future… it is not like that had too much to work with… based on the amount of FMV that was in the first game :anjou_love:

Like all of us artists have a moment when we are like “hey let’s fuckin’ just do this” and do something for no real reason.

I’m a little confused by this… you’ve used words such as memories and remembering, implying that this is something that has already happened, as opposed to what may/will happen. Do you mean that the dragon’s mind time travelled into the future and that is how he saw what would happen?

Hmm. I thought the opposite… that the riders were there to serve/help the dragon’s mission. As Edge put it, he felt like merely a passenger on the dragon’s back. Either that, or both dragon and rider were there to work together, with neither being the “master”.

However, the Sky Rider’s role could have been different, if the dragon was intended to be a servant to the Sky Rider drone. Similar to how Atolm is Azel’s dragon.

[quote=“Chizzles”]Well, there is always that possibility that the editor of the FMV’s just stuck the FMV footage in to illustrate that the dragon was showing him the future… it is not like that had too much to work with… based on the amount of FMV that was in the first game :anjou_love:

Like all of us artists have a moment when we are like “hey let’s fuckin’ just do this” and do something for no real reason.[/quote]

I like to think that every plot element has a reason, even if the developers didn’t think of one at the time… if that even makes sense. :anjou_embarassed: My willing suspension of disbelief is probably why others don’t always see eye to eye with me in these topics. The idea that something is merely there for entertainment or artistic reasons is always considered a last resort, after first considering how the element could be a legitimate part of the Panzer Dragoon canon.

But yes, in real world, realist terms, the developers quite possibly, or even probably, added the Sky Rider into Panzer Dragoon Zwei’s true ending for more mundane reasons than what I am suggesting here.