Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason

A new trailer of the Ukrainian FPS “Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason” shows more of the game’s impressive, frozen visuals, and its trademark atmosphere of paranoia, hallucinations, and ever-lurking danger. This Action Forms title has the misfortune of being compared to Bioshock, but the key content appears radically different.

Latest Trailer.

Taking place in 1981, on a nuclear icebreaker, the protagonist – and my namesake – is tasked with investigating what happened, when things take a turn for the worse and he finds himself stranded among hideous enemies, while at the same time he strives to remain alive and warm. The token gimmick allows him to relive memories of the deceased, and perhaps change their fate.

The game is available in Russia, but the rest of the world will have to wait for the 13th of February, which hopefully gives enough time for what many of Eastern Europe’s titles lack; robust localization. Source.

I forgot to comment on this when I watched the trailer… this game looks impressive. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, although I doubt I’ll be playing it any time soon (lack of gaming PC).