Crowd funding projects

kickstarter.com/projects/dar … redemption

I just missed this one. Saw a post for it yesterday and it looks like a lot of fun. I will probably pick this up on the PC once it is officially released. Road Rash like game with online play. The only thing that I can see that is a little disappointing is that the cattle prod is only available to backers of the Kickstarter who pledged some level above 100 dollars US. That is extremely steep to be charging for what was a defining weapon for the road rash games, especially if your intent is to sell the game based on nostalgia for the original ones.

This is amazing:

Omni: Move Naturally in Your Favorite Game

I’m really impressed how the thing doesn’t actually have any moving parts. Talk about thinking out of the box.

Looks interesting. I like how they’re making it work with other projects (Kinect, Oculus Rift), rather than reinventing the wheel.

Legend of Iya looks like a decent old school platformer:

kickstarter.com/projects/523 … end-of-iya

Only 66 hours to go though, so it might not make it.

[quote=“Solo Wing”]Legend of Iya looks like a decent old school platformer:

kickstarter.com/projects/523 … end-of-iya

Only 66 hours to go though, so it might not make it.[/quote]

Looks like it just barely made the goal. The game looks interesting although I didn’t end up funding it.

Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope seems to be a similar game metroid-inspired game:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope

That’s good. Hopefully we’ll see the Mac and Linux ports too.

It seems we’re seeing a revival of the 16-bit platformer. Looking forward to these two games, along with Freedom Planet. :anjou_happy:

Talking about 16-bit platformers, here’s Keiji Inafune’s spiritual successor to Megaman:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Despite not having played any Megaman games, I might just end up pledging for that one.

There’s also Project Phoenix, a JRPG with a lot of big names behind it that is supposed to forge a new direction for the genre (hence the name):

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent

To be honest I’m not really convinced. First of all their pitch comes over as somewhat arrogant. Lost of hyperbole, lots of people that worked on other games, but they don’t have a lot to show. There’s also this:

Wait, what? That doesn’t sound like something manageable at all. It just seems like a working environment like that is something that has a lot of chance to just fall apart. It certainly doesn’t seem like something I’d be comfortable giving money towards.

I mentioned Radio the Universe in my until-now sole post in this thread, so I might as well let the sequel be about this.

Bonus: soundtrack by Disasterpeace.

Have you guys seen the Obduction Kickstarter? It’s a new high-budget game from the creators of Myst. Only three days to go; hopefully they make it.

kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction

This looks promising:

kickstarter.com/projects/mi … -of-gamers

Inspired by Jet Set Radio and Mirror’s Edge.

I’d heard of that but never got round to watching a video. Interesting to say the least. I always sucked at Jet Set Radio, think I’ll just keep an eye on it for now.

Jet Set Radio was a frustrating game, but the sequel improved the controls a lot and removed the time limit, making the game much more accessible. Have you tried it?

Hopefully Hover will have accessible controls too. The first person nature of Mirror’s Edge made controlling that game difficult; hopefully Hover’s developers have taken this into consideration.

I did briefly play it at a friends house yeah but not enough to get a good feel for it, was just messing around.

Well they have implemented a third person view as well, although you’d hope the controls were tuned to work in both views otherwise it’s just kinda pointless to them both.

So when I watched the video and made my post, it was at $8k out of $38k…now it’s at $30k. Seems like they’re set!

Has anyone tried Divinity Original Sin? This game was funded via crowdfunding on Kickstarter and has sold pretty well so far.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity:_Original_Sin

“As of July 3, 2014, within a week of the game’s release, it has sold 160,000 copies, becoming Larian Studios’ fastest-selling game.”

I checked it out earlier and it looks pretty good. It reminded me a bit of Baldur’s Gate (although the battles are fully turn-based it seems).