Hi everyone. After some thought, I’ve decided to convert the Panzer Dragoon Legacy encyclopaedia into a wiki. This is mainly because I don’t have time to maintain all the articles myself (as new Panzer Dragoon content comes out, this is becoming increasingly apparent). The wiki format allows everyone in the community to contribute incrementally. I believe this gives us a better chance of the encyclopaedia being maintained going forward.
Currently the wiki set up so that you must request access to make changes.
Some changes from the encyclopaedia:
- Information boxes are replaced by a “Details” section within the article.
- The Wiki.js software currently doesn’t support references. There weren’t many references throughout the encyclopaedia, so I am converting the references to hyperlinks.
- I’ve added a “See Also” section to the bottom of each page, containing a link to the related tag on the Panzer Dragoon Legacy main site.
- To bring the Wiki more in line with other wikis (such as Wikipedia), there will be fewer images brought across.
- In the process of moving the content across, I am adding tags to every entry.
- In the long run it would be good to clean up some of the entries so that they’re more to the point (again, like Wikipedia). But the current goal is to just port the existing encyclopaedia over.
Because Wiki.js new and modern wiki software it isn’t as feature-rich as MediaWiki. There is currently no theme support; this is apparently a planned feature.
The wiki is in very early stages. Please take a look and let me know if you’re interested in helping me move the remainder of the content over, or have any other feedback. I’d like to make this a community project, with as many people maintaining the wiki as possible.